• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lighting and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey. I don't have the editor yet (grr Mac client), but I was wondering if someone could let me know if something was achievable and could possibly post a screen shot for me.

I was planning on making a melee map with a Bespin theme (Cloud City in Starwars). I need to know if that sort of lighting environment was achievable (very red and orange, like a perpetual dusk). Could someone possible throw a few of the sky scraper doodads together in the Metropolis tileset and put this sort of lighting environment on it so I can see, please?

Here is a picture of cloud city: Cloud City Concept

Level 10
Does anybody know of a tutorial for using lighting and fog and other such things? I just got the Mac editor with the latest patch so it's time for a test run.
Let me know if you actually get it working. I can't authenticate it because the license agreement window pops up behind the account window and it won't take clicks on the "Accept" button. (EPIC FAIL! :thumbs_down: )

[edit] I was able to access the "Accept" button by minimizing the account panel, switching to a different app and back, and hitting "return". It still wouldn't accept a mouse click. Of course, now it's denying my acceptance because I haven't been able to create a new SC2 character yet because B.net isn't allowing me to log on with SC2...

Level 10
What can't you get to work? The Mac Editor was always working just fine minus the creep bug, where if you have view creep selected and place creep on a map is crashes the map. Just go to View > Terrain > uncheck Show Creep.

As far as the Mac client for playing on b.net is concerned, they just fixed that so you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.