• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Light and Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there. I decided to post my story Light and Dark before anything else. Please forgive me for my grammar errors and everything else since Tagalog is my first language and not English since I live in the Philippines. This the first chapter of Light and Dark.

Light and Dark

“A world filled with darkness”
“Gods who gave life”
“Thus the birth of Etelhia”
“Peace and Harmony reigned between the Gods and their creations”
“Until…”
“A God turned evil, naming himself God of Darkness and then he summoned his forces to conquer Etelhia for himself”
“Then war was waged”
“The Gods and their creations who sided with them won”
“Now after many years”
“The God of Darkness prepares to conquer Etelhia again”
“The Gods prepare”
“Then suddenly…”
“A man was born bearing the mark of both the light and dark with task of saving or destroying Etelhia”
“Which will that man choose?”

Chapter I
A New Beginning for One And All

Etelhia, a world of filled beauty, where peace and harmony reigns, divided up to four continents; Laurie, Amathias, Dawnitrihas, and Cefurios… One faithful day, A God named Seraphis betrayed his fellow Gods and Goddesses and thus turned evil, he summoned the forces of darkness to wage war against the other Gods. The Leader of the Gods, Zetrin, did not turn his back on the matter at hand and gathered together their mortal creations and the forces of light to do battle and this war went down in Etelhian history as the “War of the Ages” with the forces of light winning the battle. After the battle, the Gods and Goddesses sealed Seraphis at a tower called “Tower of Darkness”. Now, seven years later… Seraphis threatens the world again and at the same time, a man, born from both the light and the darkness, has been born with the destiny to either destroy or save Etelhia…

The story begins in the kingdom of Yurenai, at southern part of the continent of Laurie… On a stormy day, inside the city of Yuphenpis, the capital of the kingdom of Yurenai, at the throne room of the castle…

“Your highness!” the lady-in-waiting shouted as the door to the throne room was opened.
“What is it!?” a handsome man with yellow hair, wearing suit of silver armor with a white cape, shouted back with worry.

The lady-in-waiting, rushed towards the man with haste.

“Her highness, Queen Amesthia, has successfully given birth to a healthy baby boy!” the lady-in-waiting gladly told the man.
“She did!? Thank the heavens! I must see her at once!” the man shouted with joy on his face.

The man rushed up a staircase in the left wing of the castle and entered a room and there he saw, Queen Amesthia, holding a baby boy in her arms.

“Amesthia!” the man shouted as he opened the door.
“Quiet your highness, the baby is sleeping.” A doctor quietly said to him.
“Sorry…” the man said.
“My dear Jeon… Look at our baby, sleeping well, in my arms.” Amesthia joyfully said to the man.
“Yes, my darling…” Jeon also said with joy.
“Jeon… What should we name him?” Amesthia asked Jeon.
“I think we’ll name him… Leon…” Jeon answered with a great smile on his face.
“Yes, my dear… From this day on, his name will be… Leon” Amesthia said with a sincere but very joyful smile on her face.

After seven years…

In the garden on the courtyard, a yellow haired child with a wooden sword, a muscular dark-haired man with also a wooden sword, and also a straw dummy, as it seems, it was sword training for the child…

“Hya!” the child shouted with intensity and gives his all in each strike of the wooden sword at the dummy
“That’s it Leon! Focus on your opponent and give him no quarters! As he would to you!” the man loudly said to the child.

Many servants and soldiers were watching them.

“Hya! Hya! Take that!” Leon’s ferocity along with strength, speed, and skills were being even more honed and furnished with each strike of his wooden sword at the dummy.

With the final strike, where Leon gave all his strength, the dummy was cut in half. The spectators sighed.

“There we go again…” the man said and sighed.
“I’m so sorry Sir Ophan!” Leon immediately apologized.
“I really do wonder how you manage to break each and every straw dummy you use for training these last seven years” Ophan said and then again sighed.

As Ophan continued to sigh for the straw dummies Leon broke for the last seven years. Queen Amesthia approached them.

“Leon!” Amesthia called out as she approaches them.
“Yes, mom?” Leon simply asked her mother.
“Leon, it’s time for your studies.” Amesthia gladly told Leon.
“Awww… Not again. It’s okay with Teacher Felkais but studying isn’t really my strong point mom.” Leon truthfully said to his mother.
“Now, now, you do know that you cannot survive on sword alone.” Amesthia smartly said to Leon.
“The queen’s right you know” Ophan also said to Leon.
“Okay, okay! Enough lecture please! I’ll go already!” Leon pleaded to both his mother and Ophan.
Leon entered the castle went up a floor and opened the door to the study hall where he found an old man staring out the window of the study hall.

“Teacher Felkais?” Leon called out.
“Ah… Prince Leon. You’ve arrived. Your mother got you to go?” Felkais sincerely asked.
“Of’ course she did teacher. I don’t know how but mom always gets to me.” Leon truthfully said again.
“Now let’s begin shall we?” Felkais asked.

After three hours… It was already late in the afternoon when they finished.

“My brain hurts” Leon blankly said.
“It is only part of when studying prince. Now, I shall see you tomorrow.” Felkais said.

Leon stood and bowed to his teacher and left the study hall and went to his chambers and there he immediately went to his bed and lied down for some good rest.

“Ah… It’s nice to get some rest after that studying session…” Leon said to himself.

But a few moments later that a maid came knocking upon the door.

“What now!?” Leon shouted out.
“His highness, King Jeon, asks for your presence in the throne room.” The maid said.
“No rest for the weary…” Leon complained.

Leon lazily stood up and soon went for the throne room. He soon arrived at the doors of the throne room and as soon as he opened the door… He saw many nobles, maids in line at both side of the red carpet, and all of them greeted Leon happy birthday. Leon just stood there, not surprised or impressed at all. The nobles, maids, and his parents found this odd. Leon walked down the red carpet, the maids bowing down, but nothing seems to put a smile or anything on his face.

“They stopped me from sleeping just for this?” Leon thought to himself.
“Leon? Are you alright?” Amesthia worriedly asked.
“I’m alright mom, just sleepy.” Leon answered.
“Thank goodness.” Amesthia said and relieved of her worry.
“Father, I didn’t know you had plans for throwing a party for my 8th birthday but it seems that surprise parties are not to my liking. Please forgive me for not liking the surprise.” Leon respectfully said to his father.
“Nerves of steel eh?” Jeon said while laughing out loud.

Then the nobles began whispering to each other about Leon.

“Well, ladies and gentlemen! Let us begin the party!” Leon shouted out loud.

Then suddenly every noblemen and women began clapping and then party for Leon’s 8th birthday began. Many performers entertained Leon, the king and the queen, and the guests. Suddenly Leon disappeared from the sight of Queen Amesthia.

“Leon? Where are you?” Amesthia said while looking around for Leon.
“Don’t worry my darling! He’s just being mobbed by the girls” Jeon gladly said while point to the table where Leon is.
“Just like his father.” Amesthia giggled.
“Of’ course!” Jeon proudly said to his wife.

Meanwhile…

Leon was being mobbed by the girls at one table and every noble is looking at them.

“Girls calm down! I’m here all night so please get off my case!” Leon pleaded with them.

Leon continued to be mobbed until a girl with red hair wearing a very beautiful dress approached.

“Get off him! He’s mine!” the girl ordered.

The mob was dispersed and she approached Leon.

“Well, well. What do I have the honors of your attention Princess Leifa of Lhusua?” Leon asked.
“I heard a lot about you Prince Leon Lauberg including how you’re known as a prodigy.” Leifa answered.
“Rumors I assure you princess. I am no prodigy.” Leon assured her.

As they talked, Leon told Leifa that he was not a prodigy. They talked until the princess gave up and walked away. The party went on and on until midnight where it ended. Leon was fully relieved that it was over. He then retired to his chambers.

End of Chapter I

Level 24
I loved it. Very good job of setting up Leon's character and background. Mobbed by rabid fangirls, scarred for life by the experience :wink:.

I have identified exactly one mistake that stood out: you used a period instead of a comma here:
As Ophan continued to sigh for the straw dummies Leon broke for the last seven years[HIGHLIGHT].[/code] Queen Amesthia approached them.
I absolutely love that people conscientious enough to apologize for their spelling/grammar/usage are usually quite adept with the English language.

Level 2
Thank you very much but I am sure that my english is still not good enough for higher levels. Though I thank you for pointing out my mistake. Well, here's the second chapter of Light and Dark! Enjoy! Comment and Criticism is very much appreciated!

Chapter II
Winds of War And Chaos

It was a beautiful morning, Leon woke up lazily and unwilling to see the beautiful sunrise over his window. A maid came knocking on the door.

“Prince, the king asks your presence at the throne room.” the maid said.
“Okay, okay. I’ll be going already.” Leon said while yawning.

Leon got out of his pajamas and into his casual wear. He got out of his room and went to the throne room. Moments later, he arrived and saw his parents eagerly waiting for him.

“Good morning father and mother. Why do you summon me early this morning?” Leon asked sincerely.
“Leon, have you seen a real battle yet?” Jeon seriously asked.
“I’m afraid I don’t understand father but are you telling me I soon have to fight for something?” Leon seriously answered.
“Yes, my son, though sadly it’s true that you have to fight… because the King Hei of Lhusua has declared war on us.” Jeon seriously stated to Leon.
“Is there no way out of this?” Leon asked with a very serious tone.
“There is. They want you to marry Princess Leifa” Amesthia said with a fearful tone.
”What are you going to do Leon? Sacrifice life or marriage to solve this issue?” Jeon seriously asked Leon.
“Hmmmm…I don’t want to risk the life of the people but I also don’t want marry yet… Has the royal strategist come up with plan yet? Leon asked his parents.
“He’s having a hard time coming up with one.” Amesthia disappointingly answered.
“Lhusua is strong and they have many great generals.” Jeon said.

Then suddenly Leon heard a voice in his head.

“What? Is somebody else there?” Leon pondered and looked around.

His parents were surprised as there was nobody else expect for them and even more so when Leon fainted and fell on the ground.

“Leon!” Leon’s parents shouted out as they saw Leon fainted on the ground.

Then suddenly Leon woke up and he wasn’t sure where he is.

“Where… am… I?” Leon slowly asked.
“You are in my domain Leon.” A voice answered.
“Who… is… there?” Leon asked.
“My identity, for now, is unimportant.” The voice said.
“… Why?” Leon asked again.
“I am here to help you child… Fight and you will win…” The voice said.
“Wait!” Leon shouted.

The voice then disappeared and Leon woke up only that he is in the infirmary of the castle with his parents and a doctor by his side.

“Looks like he’s regaining consciousness.” The doctor said to Leon’s parents.
“Thank the heavens, Leon! Are you alright!?” Amesthia worriedly asked
“Ughhhhh… where am I?” Leon asked while trying to sit up straight but immediately met with pain on his forehead.
“Leon!” Leon’s parents worried.
“Don’t worry about me father, mother, but where did that voice come from?” Leon asked his parents.
“What voice? We didn’t hear any voices.” Jeon answered.
“Huh? But I heard a voice! A voice of a man! The voice told that I was being supported and that I should fight and the voice said I will win!” Leon stated with fear to both of his parents.

Leon’s parents were surprised at what he said.

“Leon, you must be really tired to be speaking like that.” Jeon said to Leon.
“Something inside me tells me to believe his voice…” Leon said to both his parents.
“… Leon, are you sure that fighting will solve this?” Jeon seriously asked Leon.
“I… don’t know…” Leon answered and then suddenly, he fainted again.
“Leon? Leon! Wake up! Please wake up Leon!” Amesthia worried over her son.

The doctor checked Leon’s pulse and he was still alive.

“Prince Leon just fainted again! Bring me some medicine now!” The doctor shouted to the nurse.

The nurse then rushed to get medicine…

After a few hours again…

Leon woke up and saw no one at his side… It was night as he saw out the window near the bed that it was night but Leon’s trouble didn’t end it seems as a muscular man with long yellow hair wearing only pants and a sash belt appeared beside Leon’s bed…

“Who the ------!” Leon shouted but before he could finish, he lost his voice.
“Do not worry child… I am not here to hurt nor do anything else to you. I am here to tell you something.” The man said to Leon.
“… How could I trust a stranger? I should call the guards immediately!” Leon thought.
“I may be a stranger to you right now but listen to me as I am here to help you.” The man said.
“… How ----!” Leon thought but again before he could finish, he was interrupted.
“How you say? We are linked to together child.” The man stated to Leon.
“… Okay… It seems there is nothing I could do but trust you… What do you want to tell me?” Leon thought.
“Good. To win this war without unneeded bloodshed is impossible since King Hei wants to take over this kingdom and even if you marry the princess he will still kill the people.” The man said.
“Then what am I to do?” Leon thought.
“Go to the village of Quia of which is north of here and there you will find the man that can help you win as he will approach you and offer help… Listen to him and victory is yours. Until next time child” The man said that and disappeared.
“Wait!” Leon said and was surprised to hear his own voice again.
The next day, Leon was already up and was feeling okay but also afraid as he remembered what the man he saw that night said.

“Man… That was spine chilling… To think someone like that exist… But nonetheless he did point out that someone would help me… I really wonder if that’s true…” Leon curiously thought to himself with both excitement and fear.

Leon got out of his infirmary and went straight for the throne room but as approached the door, he was stopped by the guards.

“Why stop me?” Leon asked both of the guards.
“Sorry Prince Leon. Sir Ophan is currently meeting with the King Jeon and Queen Amesthia. The King ordered us to not let anyone to enter.” One of the guards said to Leon.
“This…is … a problem… for I have urgent news concerning about my health. If something were to happen to me right now… You two will be most likely beheaded or something.” Leon said a good lie to the guards.
“Ah, um, ah... Okay, we’ll let you through since it is urgent news.” One of the guards said with fear in his voice.
“Thank you very much.” Leon thanked the guards.

The guards then opened the door of the throne room and it got the attention of the people inside.

“Leon!” Amesthia shouted with utmost worry.
“Leon! Shouldn’t you be resting in the infirmary!?” Jeon shouted with worry and anger.
“Please father and mother… I have my rights to know what’s happening as the prince and I would like to ask some permission.” Leon calmly said to his parents as he approached them.
“Okay… Just be quick about it.” Jeon said to Leon with a bit of anger and worry in his voice.
“I would like to go to Quia and for some people to go with me.” Leon said straight forward.
“Quia!?” Sir Ophan said with surprise.
“Hm? Is there any problem with me going to Quia?” Leon sincerely asked Ophan.
“Leon… You can’t go to Quia right now.” Amesthia said to Leon.
“I sense that there is trouble in Quia. Maybe the Black Wind Bandits finally attacked the village I presume?” Leon seriously asked both his parents and Ophan.
“Yes, you’re right. The Black Wind Bandits have begun their siege of the village of Quia.” Ophan answered.
“Then we must send troops there immediately.” Leon calmly said to his father.
“We are already forming a group of -----“Jeon said but before he was finished, he was cut off by Leon.
“That’s too slow father! Sir Ophan, get nearest patrol that’s patrolling the road to Quia and rush towards the village’s aid. I will lead the reinforcements.” Leon seriously said to both his father and Ophan.
“Leon! Are you crazy!? You’re still a child! Too early to experience battle with life on the line!” Amesthia shouted out with utmost worry.
“There is no time! With the threat of Lhusua invading, there is little number of soldiers for happenings like this! Father! I beg of you! You must allow me to lead the reinforcements!” Leon begged his father.
“… We seem to have no choice… Okay, Leon… Now is the time to put all that training in to the field! I approve of your plan!” Jeon said as he gave permission to Leon.
“Dear! You’re sending our only child into battle!?” Amesthia furiously asked Jeon.
“We have no choice my dear… As I much as I don’t like it; our son has a point. If he were to start serving the people, now is a good time. So please calm down.” Jeon said to his wife as he was trying to calm her down.
“Yes, dear...” Amesthia said to her husband.
“Leon… Promise me you’ll come back safe and sound.” Amesthia worriedly said to her son.
“Yes, mom. I promise you.” Leon said to his mother.
“Now Sir Ophan! Let’s move!” Leon said to Ophan.

They then both ran out of the throne room. Ophan then went to the stables and fetched his white horse; Whitehand, and rode towards the road going to Quia while Leon his telling some soldiers to gather up the remaining men that are not on duty to gather on the north gate where the road to Quia is located.

After a few hours of riding, Ophan found the patrol and took them under his command and then they rushed towards the village for as Leon gathered up enough soldiers that he needed to stop the Black Wind Bandits and Leon got on a grey horse then he and his men rode towards the village of Quia.

Meanwhile at the village of Quia… Houses were burning, people being massacred, and possession looted. That was the view when Ophan and the patrol arrived.

“This is… Inhuman!” Ophan angrily said.
“Men, we must hold on until reinforcements arrive! Gather as many survivors as you can and lead towards the entrance of the village!” Ophan ordered his men.
“Yes, sir!” the men said and saluted then scattered to find survivors.

Meanwhile at the road to Quia… Leon and his men were halfway there.

“Men! We must rush towards the village before it’s too late!” Leon shouted to his men.

The men where in doubt of the skills of Prince Leon but nonetheless they followed him as they’re eager to see his skills on the battlefield.

After one hour, Leon and his men has arrived at the village of Quia to see that many villagers gathered at the village entrance with Sir Ophan and his men.

“Sir Ophan!” Leon called out.
“Ah! Prince Leon! It is good to see you safe and sound along with the reinforcements.” Ophan said to Leon with relief.
“No time for that. We drive the bandits out of this village.” Leon seriously said to Ophan.
“That is going to be hard since they are quite well positioned around the eastern and northern parts of village.” Ophan said to Leon.

Suddenly a man with black long hair approached wearing the usual travelers’ attire approached them.

“Who’s there?” Leon said as he sensed a presence behind him.
“Don’t worry Prince Leon, I’m no enemy.” The man said to Leon
“Then what do you want? It’s dangerous here.” Leon said to the man.
“Ah, but I’m here to offer help.” The man said to Leon.

Suddenly Leon remembered what the man he was last night said.

“Go to the village of Quia of which is north of here and there you will find the man that can help you win as he will approach you and offer help… Listen to him and victory is yours. Until next time child”

“Are you that man” Leon almost asked.
“Huh?” The man pondered.
“Oh, it’s nothing. If you can help us in any means possible then that would be great.” Leon said to the man.
“Prince Leon, we can’t just trust a stranger like that!” Ophan said to Leon.
“Let’s take about it later Sir Ophan.” Leon said to Ophan.
“Now, how can you help us stranger?” Leon asked the man.
“Well, first off it seems as though the Black Wind Bandits are guarding the eastern part, where the fields are and the northern part, that’s where the village elder lives. I suggest we do an ambush on the bandits on the field and that would create confusion within the eastern part and that will be enough to attract the bandits in the northern parts.” The man said with great ingenuity and cunning.
“I see… Well, to respond to that we need fast land troops and some cavalry. We have cavalry but no land troops.” Ophan said to the man.
“That’s a problem then.” The main answered.
“Wait a minute. Sir Ophan, please order ten cavalry men to get down from their horses and also bring their lances with them.” Leon said as he had an ingenious idea.

Then after a few moments, ten cavalry men lined up in front of Leon.

“Here are ten cavalry men Prince Leon.” Ophan said to Leon.
“Thank you Sir Ophan.” Leon thanked Ophan.
“Now, you men will have the honor of forming the newest kind of unit in warfare! Sheath your swords now!” Leon ordered the ten cavalry men.

The cavalry men did as they were ordered.

“I now proclaim these men as “Lancers”!” Leon proclaimed.
“What? Lancers!? What the heck is that?” Ophan asked with great curiosity.
“Lancers are charging land units that are fast and deadly with their lances. They’re great for breaching through enemy lines.” Leon said to Ophan.
“A new unit? My, my, Prince Leon. Now, I’m starting to believe that you’re a prodigy.” The man said to Leon.
“Please enough with prodigy thing.” Leon said to the man.
“Now, with these units we can carry out your plan now right?” Leon asked the man.
“Of’ course Prince Leon.” The man said to Leon.
“Now first of all, Sir Ophan here and the cavalry are going around the forest towards the field and ambush the bandits there. To signal us that their successful, they will burn something up and we shall see the smoke while Prince Leon and me along with his new units; the Lancers, are going to rush the enemy and kill the bandit leader in the northern part of the village. Simple enough no?” the man said.
“Okay! Let’s do this!” Leon excitingly said.

Sir Ophan and the cavalry quickly went around the forest and hid there silently and suddenly they charged the bandits. Many bandits were slain in the ambush and as the man predicted, majority of the bandits from the northern part went to the eastern part to check. Ophan burned the scarecrow and then Leon and the man saw the smoke. The lancers got into a line formation with Leon and the man behind and they charged towards northern part. All bandits in the way met with the lances, the lances pierced through their bodies easily…

“Okay men! Drop the lances and unsheathe your swords!” Leon ordered his men as he unsheathed his sword.

The remaing bandits fought to their end with the troops of Leon and Ophan, and the strategy of the stranger. The bandit leader then appeared in front of troops of Leon.

“You must be the leader!” Leon said.
“Aye, what if I am?” the bandit leader said.
“Then prepare to die!” Leon said.
“A mere child? Kill me?” the bandit leader said as he laughed loudly.
“I’ll be the judge of that!” the bandit leader shouted out.

The bandit leader grabbed his axe and was going to slash Leon in half. Leon couldn’t even budge, his men were this fighting the bandits, and the stranger was just watching without worry. Time slowed for Leon as impulses overcame his own body and mind for as he thought that he won’t allow himself die here without fighting for his life. As the axe went down, Leon disappeared suddenly and he blurry appeared at the side of the bandit leader. With eyes as black as the night sky itself, and with his sword, he thrust his sword at the back of the bandit leader and with that he pierced the bandit leader’s heart resulting in a swift end for the Black Wind Bandits. Leon couldn’t believe that he has killed a man. He knelt on the ground, looking at his hands, and not believing what he has done and there he fainted.

As soon as he woke up he was on a horse.

“Where am I?” Leon thought to himself.

Leon looked up and saw that they were near the gates of Yuphenpis… Leon stopped the horse and got off as he looked back, he saw Ophan approaching him.

“What’s happening?” Leon asked Ophan.
“Ah, good you’re awake now Prince Leon.” Ophan said.
“What happened to the village?” Leon asked Ophan again.
“Don’t worry about that Prince Leon. Thanks to the men’s effort, we manage to eradicate the Black Wind Bandits and gather up the survivors and it seems as though the village elder is alright.” Ophan answered.
“That’s good Sir Ophan.” Leon said as he sighed with relief.
“But I was amazed at what happened.” Ophan said.
“What did happen?” Leon asked.
“You don’t remember? The creation of the Lancers and you killing the bandit leader in one swift blow? Man, you must really shocked after that one” Ophan answered.
“I… killed… somebody…” Leon said with fear in his voice.
“Now, now, let’s talk about that later. You have to rest now Prince Leon and surely her highness must be worried sick about you.” Ophan said.

With that they entered Yuphenpis.

End of Chapter II

Last edited:
Level 24
This one had noticeably more errors than the previous one. I believe the most apparent syntax error would be "he blurry appeared", but aside from that it becomes a little awkward at places. I can't find it right now, and it may have been edited, but a part of the story was redundant and created a rather ineffective flow.

I'm still interested in the story, btw.

Level 2
Sorry for the not so good chapter II since I am not that good with storywriting meaning that I'm a newbie in many ways but don't worry, I won't make the same
ineffective flow. Chapter III is almost finished but I don't know if it's going to go well but nonetheless I will continue.

Anyways, I've trying an opening song for my story so it won't be boring... I'm trying to sing a song like GSD's Wings of Words by Chemistry since I liked it... NO idea how so if anyone can help... That would be great and I thank you.

Level 24
Sorry for the not so good chapter II since I am not that good with storywriting meaning that I'm a newbie in many ways but don't worry, I won't make the same
ineffective flow. Chapter III is almost finished but I don't know if it's going to go well but nonetheless I will continue.
I meant sentence flow, not story flow.

There is something that is slightly disruptive to the story's flow, however: Yuphenpis is out of the reader's mind long enough that the reader may not remember that Yuphenpis is the capital city. This most likely wouldn't be a problem with physical pages, but unfortunately this is online.

Level 2
Here's Chapter III! Hope you all like it! Listen to GSD's Wings of Words By Chemistry since Leon will be singing it.Sorry thought I couldn't make my own but this will have to do for now. Thank you and enjoy reading this!

Chapter III
After the Battle

Leon was relieved that he has arrived in Yuphenpis safe and sound with Ophan, the men, and the surviving villagers but he wasn’t happy with the happenings that forced him to kill a man. It rang through his head that the one he killed didn’t deserve his death at his hands but also rang deep inside his head is that he didn’t deserve to die there himself too. Leon kept thinking about it even after they entered the throne room to report to King Jeon and Queen Amesthia. Ophan began telling the king and the queen about what happened right from the start.

“I see… You did a great job Sir Ophan. Thank you for your effort.” Jeon thanked Ophan.
“No need thank nor praise me your highness for it is all the Prince’s doing that made us win and eradicate the Black Wind Bandits there at the village of Quia.” Ophan pointed Leon who is still thinking deeply.
“Leon?” Amesthia called out with worry.
“Leon? Are you alright?” Ophan asked Leon as he approached him and put his hand on Leon’s shoulder.
“It’s… nothing really. I shall be going to my chambers if you would please” Leon said with mixed emotions in his heart and mind.

Leon walked out of the throne room and went straight to his chambers. He lied down on his bed but he suddenly the mysterious man that he met in the infirmary visited again.

“Child… Fear and anger seems to envelop your heart.” The man said.
“It’s you again… What do you want now?” Leon thought to himself instead of speaking.
“You shouldn’t let the fact that you killed someone get to you because it’s only normal to take lives in order survive in the battlefield” The seriously said.
“What!? Normal!?” Leon infuriately said but yet again, he lost his voice before he can even speak.
“Calm down first.” The man said.

Leon calmed down for he wants to hear what the man has to say.

“Seeing as the battle at the village of Quia is your first battle, this will hard for you to accept but what I have to say is one of the truths of the battlefield and the life of a warrior; Its kill or be killed.” The man seriously stated.

Leon’s face became so serious that couldn’t do anything but listen.

“No matter what you believe, no matter what you do, and no matter what you say for as long as you’re a warrior standing on the battlefield; it will always be a battle for your survival where it’s either kill or be killed. You’re knight mentor, Sir Ophan, faces this truth every time he sets foot on the battlefield.” The man continued.

“For as it is good to value life of others and yourself and to live each day to the fullest without regret but no man lives forever a peaceful life. Sometimes he has to fight for his life. Those who don’t kill to survive gets killed but those who kill, makes people sad. That is one of the truths of the battlefield and the life of a warrior. One day, you’ll learn the truths and the life of a warrior. Whether you have to like or not” The man said and with that, he disappeared

Leon still couldn’t say nor deny what the man said even when he felt his voice came back. He just rested for the rest of the night left.

The next day, a maid came knocking on Leon’s door and Leon woke up as if nothing happened but the truth is… He still remembered all of what the man said. He was asked to go to courtyard for his sword training.

At the courtyard, Leon greeted Ophan and then their training session began but this time Leon was given a real sword to slash the dummy with. Leon didn’t even budge nor said anything of what he was given. He strike the dummy with less force as if he was controlling himself and the end of the training session, the dummy didn’t receive any minor blows but many fatal ones. Ophan realized this and tried to talk to Leon but he refused to by Leon.

The studying session then came next. Leon studied hard and then harder. His teacher, Felkais, was a little bit surprised with the passion burning in the eyes of Leon. Felkais wanted to talk to Leon too but as like Ophan was refused to.

Leon went to his chambers immediately and went to rest, the maids afraid as they don’t know if the prince is in a bad mood. Both Ophan and Felkais then went to the throne room to talk to the king and queen.

“King Jeon, it seems as though Leon is changing. I don’t know if it is for the better or for he worse.” Ophan said to Jeon.
“I too have seen this from the prince and I say this is because of the battle at Quia.” Felkais stated to all.
“Jeon dear… I wonder what will become of our son…” Amesthia said to her husband.
“I believe he is closing his heart and mind to others. This is his time of need, his parents must support him.” Felkais stated.
“I see but if he turned both of you down, what makes you think he will listen to us? Who has no quality time with our own son because of our positions” Jeon asked Ophan and Felkais.
“Then there is little we can do but see where this is going” Felkais disappointedly said to King Jeon.

After a few weeks, Leon did the same thing week after week until he finally decided to talk to his parents. As he went to the throne, he felt that he was being followed but decided to ignore it. He opened the doors to the throne which was the guards’ job to do.

“Father and mother…” Leon said.
“What is it Leon?” Amesthia asked with a smile.
“I want to go outside the castle.” Leon answered.
“What? But Leon, what if you get mobbed or robbed out there? It isn’t safe.” Amesthia said.
“Let him go darling, this maybe the experience our son needs.” Jeon said to his wife.
“But!” Amesthia protested.
“Please darling.” Jeon pleaded to his wife.
“Okay, if this is what he needs” Amesthia said as she gave in.
“Okay. Now Leon… you’re free to roam to city but not leave okay?” Jeon bid to his son.
“Thank you…” Leon thanked to his parents.
Leon bowed to his parents and walked out of the throne room. From there, he immediately went to the main gate without even a change of clothes, of the castle but there he was blocked by two guards.

“Prince Leon, what brings you here?” One of the guards asked.
“I got permission from my parents to go outside. So now, will you let me go?” Leon asked both of the guards.
“But prince, won’t you bring with you some guards or change your attire?” The other guard asked.
“I’ll be fine okay? So let me go outside.” Leon answered.

The guards then opened the gates and let Leon through for the fear of being thrown in jail. Leon stepped outside the gate and felt that was his first even though when he was a baby, his parents took him for carriage rides to the beautiful Tefal Forest, west of Yuphenpis… He saw the people of the kingdom for his own eyes… Almost all were happy…

“Happiness from the people… All thanks to father and mother…” Leon thought to himself as he was astounded by the sight of happy people he saw.

Leon walked around the center of the city ‘til he found a fountain and sat beside it. His feelings were bombarded by the happiness of the people which in turn made him happy. As he looked around, his perception of life became more precise and for the better but it seems his as the people realized who he was… He saw some ladies whispering to each other. This made him smile for he thought that he could never have peaceful walk around the city… Suddenly, he sings… His beautiful voice enchanted little girls and boys, even some older people were enchanted and some guards who were patrolling that part of the city.

(Author’s note: Listen to GSD’s Wings of Words by Chemistry as Leon is singing that)
(Here are the lyrics)

Wings of Words
by Chemistry

nagusame nagara fukinshin dakedo
naiteru kao mo kirei de aseru yo
tomodachi no kyori sukoshi chijimetara
kimi wa itoshii koware mono datta

kujikezu yume wo miru koto wa jibun to tatakatteru koto
higoto ni fueru surikizu wo jiman shitemo ii kurai sa

sora wa tobenai kedo tsubasa nara ageyou
sore wa mou hitori janai to
kimi no kodoku wo hagasu kotoba

donna peshimisuto mo koi wo shite kawaru
eranda michi ga moshi ikidomari nara
soko de mayoeba ii

kagen no tsuki ga naifu no you dane
sou iinagara dejyabu kanjiteru

yokan to tomadoi no naka de
hitomi wa kimi wo sagashiteta
futari janai to hirakanai tobira ga aru kono sekai de

sora wa tobenai kedo tsubasa nara aru no sa
sore wa futo fureta shisen de kimi ga sasayaiteta SHIGUNARU

itsuka rearisuto wa shounen ni modoru
sono toki boku wa kimi no tame ni donna yume wo miru darou

nazeka tagai no tsubasa wo motte bokura wa umaretekita
mirai e to mukau tame ni
You know the heart singing the wings of words

sora wa tobenai kedo tsubasa nara ageyou
sore wa mou hitori janai to
kimi no kodoku wo hagasu kotoba

donna peshimisuto mo koi wo shite kawaru
eranda michi ga moshi ikidomari nara
soko de mayoeba ii

(Sorry, For I’m just trying make this an anime-like story)

As soon as Leon was finished, the people who were watching him clapped and then immediately mobbed him and the guards who were watching responded by subduing the mob.

“Calm down please!” Leon said.
“Hey! Are you singer or something!?” One girl asked.
“No, I’m not” Leon answered as he approached the girl and patted her on the head then smiled.

The little girl couldn’t do anything but blush at Leon’s smile. Suddenly, two noblewomen approached him. One of the noblewomen took a closer look at him…

“You’re Prince Leon aren’t you?” The noblewoman asked.
“No, I’m not.” Leon answered with a smile.
“Hmmmm… I can’t believe that since you look exactly like the prince.” The other noblewoman said.
“Well, if you believe that then do so but I stand that I’m not the prince.” Leon stated to both of the noblewomen.

The two noblewomen then backed off than face humiliation from an unknown kid. Leon saw smoke up at the sky then followed by everyone. The guards immediately went to the source of the smoke and then Leon followed them.

As soon Leon arrived, he recognized that this was the gate toward Quia. The gate was broken, and bandits ran amuck. The soldiers were putting up a fight while trying to get the people to safety. The soldiers were badly beaten back and Leon wandered into the battlefield with eyes of sorrow and surprise. He suddenly he was seen by the bandits and all of them gathered around him as they realized who he was. Then the bandits whispered to each other… After a few seconds they charged at him…

“Prepare to die!” One of the bandits shouted.

Impulses then took over Leon again, at a split second; the bandits that charged Leon were sent flying for as Leon shouted out to sky pain, light and darkness enveloped his body and the bandits who saw this were astounded and afraid… Then arrived Jeon and saw his son enveloped in light…

“What’s happening here? Is that Leon!? Leon!” Jeon shouted out.

As Jeon then went to his son’s aid, the light turned to smoke and then came out of the smoke is the mysterious man who Leon is seeing in unexpected times… Jeon was astounded of what he saw… His own son turned immediately into a man… The bandits took this time again to charge at the now adult Leon but this Leon immediately disappeared and then suddenly he was everywhere like he made clones of himself… Then the adult Leon attacked in every direction he was, killing each bandits he saw… After that, the adult Leon turned back into a kid and then Leon fainted on the ground and Jeon snapped out of it and rushed to his son’s aid…

“What has happened to my son?” Jeon thought to himself…

End of Chapter III

Status
Not open for further replies.