• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LichKing Arthas

I used RokinArthas model (war3 basic model) as a base. I made the other things (node,

animations, LichKing's Helm model and texture) by myself.

I hope my model to be useful.

Updates - I modified some motions, cloak texture.

Updates 2 - added Cinematic Animation, modified some motions and portrait camera.

Keywords:
The LichKing, Death God, Undead, Scourge, FrostMourne, LichKing's Helm, IceCrown
Contents

LichKing Arthas (Model)

LichKing Arthas (Model)

Reviews
20:31, 8th Apr 2012 DonDustin: looks good, but the animations really need more work HappyTauren: Changes made, resource approved. Animations could've still been a little better, but they are satisfactory now.
Level 19
Judging by the image, I think hes a bit too tall for a wc3 (x-)human. Otherwise the model looks very good, save for some animations. Also why are his fingers separated like that, when looking from nearly any view in wc3 you probably still wont be able to see them, unless youre planning to use them in a future animation or something.

Level 1
Vis-à-vis the comments about the relatively high number of Lich King models on Hive, I think it would be a good idea to make a high quality Arthas-as-a-Paladin model. Something like the alternate skin from Heroes of the Storm, might be.

Other than that, this is a great model as far as I can tell. I might end up using it instead of the one made by Kwaliti due to it's lower cost, despite the fact that I think that the latter looks better. It is quite a sad thing, I think, having to chose between two great models.

(Pic for the Paladin Arthas I mentioned)
Arthas_Prince.jpg

Level 6
I have an idea for you.
there are tons of lich king models in this site. maybe better to create a witch-king model ?
many out there are trying to make some LOTR based maps and a good witch-king model will be appreciated.

regards

Level 9
I would like to post that you took on a very hard task seeing as this model has been done a lot, and I do like yours so I am glad you tried :grin: keep doing it, I haven't downloaded the model and have no rating, I just was reading the comments and I think you needed more support :wink: keep it up!

Level 6
This Lich King Has the best mesh in my opinion but it has the worst animation set I have seen in a lich king model, don't take it the wrong way. I know animation is something tough for modelers, but perhaps if you are not good enough yet to make good animations for the model, you should consider using the animation of Arthas model in wc3 or a WoW model animation set like the ones in this model: http://wc3-maps.ru/load/modeli_dlja_warcraft_3/modeli_aljansa_wc3/lorderonskij_soldat/52-1-0-24799

Level 5
Some people would rather prefer lower file size, which this model right here has. The one you showed is better indeed, but if we got one good Lich King, that means that people can't make models out of that concept anymore?

On Topic: I agree with Maker. The animations are poor. Making them smoother would make this a great model!
really? 200 kb difference? is that a lot? jeez, your computer might crash from so less free space

really? 200 kb difference? is that a lot? jeez, your computer might crash from so less free space

The issue of file size has nothing to do with the hard drive space taken, but with not exceeding the 8 MB threshold for hosting on BNet. A model having an additional 200 KB to its file size makes quite a significant difference when you're trying to fit a large amount of imported content into a map.

Kwaliti's model is incredible. For this person to make one of nearly the same quality at just over half the file size is certainly enough to justify accepting both models.

If you made models or at least used them in maps, you'd know this, but you clearly do neither; so why do you criticize things that are of no concern to you? You obviously won't be using this, or any other model, for that matter.

Besides, as someone named The Lch King (Was the missing i intentional?), shouldn't you be happy for every decent Lich King model?

Last edited:
Level 2
AWSOME!! I ALWAYS SEARCH FOR THIS MODEL!ITS BEST FOR EVERY USAGE! :) I want to use it in my angel arena balanced edition map.i wont forget to give credit.Because this is best Lich king models with animations.please if you made an update for this model,notice me.:aa:

Level 2
There are a lot of Lich King models in the hive and this one is one of the most detailed one. Not the one with the best anims but a great model overall