• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New LichKing Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
well since my last lichking model was turned down i thought i might make one from scratch but only one problem i dont know how to animate or unwrap a model from scratch and was hoping some1 could pm if they would like to help

lichkingss.jpg

Uh... How many polies is this? Looks kinda too high to me, but the model is awsome! you may not have that much experience with Wc3 modelling, but It looks like you have an esthetic sense.

Suggestions:
Right now the cape look a little too patchy, should not be like stragiht down and right out, more like diagonal and more diagonal.
Also the feet... Are they done? 'cause they look a little wierd to me.

Level 18
Oh and by the way
He most def needs hair flowing out the back of his helm, it needs to be the perfect Arthas w/Ner'zhul representation
AND! Needs sick particle emitters on his eyes and on Frostmourne

That thing is too overpolied. If you want to use this for wc3, it will fail. NEVER make a model with more than 3000 polies to be used in wc3. Also, although that thing does have many polies it is completely undetailed. I suggest you to try optimizing the mesh OR starting one from scratch. This simply won't work. Anyway, proportions are messed up, as well as anatomy (look at stomach for example, nerzul is not fat).

Level 9
yeh i give up just saw the pollycount.... 5300 eeek ill probally try some thing else later just wished i didnt waste my time on... still needed alot of work tho

lichkinguvuvw-1.jpg

Level 9
doesnt really matter now i wont be able to use it :p its to high poly and i dont know how to animate it

Level 12
Inf3rno, do you have the option of exporting to .obj, or perhaps some other standardized format I can open in Milkshape? I could optimize the mesh for you, and make a version for ms3d users to animate.

Be warned though, I will radically lower the polycount while trying to keep the overall detail.

just out of curiosity, why the hell was the other lich king model turned down? that one looked so awesome.

*edit* never mind i just read the other topic on ur old one, i see why now... a shame though i liked it.

GF got pissed that Inf3rno was using his BE Champion as a base, so it was turned down. Personally, I agree with HT, that if it is not scratch, you can copy it. The BE Champ was a model edit and some geomerges really, but it looks hella cool.

Level 9
GF got pissed that Inf3rno was using his BE Champion as a base, so it was turned down. Personally, I agree with HT, that if it is not scratch, you can copy it. The BE Champ was a model edit and some geomerges really, but it looks hella cool.

there was another reason the helms geoset one abit broken in the game it would only show half his helm

Level 14
I hope I'll love this as much as the other Lichking model :D Any updates?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.