• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lich

Duh, new vision of lich. I know, I am TOTALLY original. Anyway, uses warlock (Archimonde) animations, mesh from scratch, animations and textures by Blizzard. Icon included, and thism odel takes 32kb when imported into map.
Be sure to give credits blah blah...

And... yes, next time I plan to do something... ALIVE.

Keywords:
undead, frost, freeze, frozen, mage, battlemage, warmage, skeletal, skeleton, lich
Contents

Lich (Model)

Assets
Reviews
16:09, 25th Jun 2008 General Frank: Model works excellently nice and performs very well. No flaws found.

M

16:09, 25th Jun 2008
General Frank:

Model works excellently nice and performs very well. No flaws found.

Positive Comments

[+] Animations suit the mesh very well.
[+] Lovely particles!
[+] Great use of the Felguard skin.
[+] I love that Crown.
[+] Awsome cape.

Negative Comments

[-] Very bare knees.

Comments: Awsome, though the knees are very bare. Very good animation choice, though my favourite thing was probably the particles that you attatched to him. Try making a molten version now. ;P

Overall Rating: 4.9/5

Level 6
Looks great! But like many others have said, looks really odd with the mail stopping there. Now what would look awesome but I doubt its possible and if even so would need custom textures, making a chain mail going past there but like big rings with alpha through the rings so you can see through to the skeletal structure beneath.

Level 2
t's ok... this model rocks too much face to spoil anything =)

Done some playing with the model and have some useful information to add.

The missile that fits the model best (so far that I've found) is appropriatly enough the Lich missle.

Set Annimation Backswing Point at .500
Set Annimation Damage Point at .350

(I thought they would be the same as Archimonde since he based the annimations on that... I thought wrong! HA)

Last edited:
Level 2
Dude real lich has no legs, this is no lich ;T and where his pants are?

Well.... assuming that lich's are "real" you're still wrong. A lich is simply a spell caster who transfer's his life essence to an object (called a phylactery) so that he can continue to live long after he should have died.

Some lich's do that for power. Other do it because they want to stay alive and continue to learn magic. Some do it for both reasons.

But no matter what, a lich was at one point a human (or humanoid) and therefor most certainly had/has legs.

GAWD, get your mythological anatomy correct please.

Level 17
Y, even if the liches is commonly used and changed, they do have a common theme that is mostly used. It is often some kind of a mix between a spirit and a skeleton, hence no legs in wc3.

And you can't say that a lich isn't a mythological creature because it doesn't always look the same.

Take orc for an example. There are many versions of them, such as Wc3's, LoTR, and the more common brown orcs like those from ... damn what was the name of that game again? Spell... something. A mix between rpg and strategy anyways. And you can't say that an orc isn't a mytological creature.

Another example is vampires.

Level 48
Y, even if the liches is commonly used and changed, they do have a common theme that is mostly used. It is often some kind of a mix between a spirit and a skeleton, hence no legs in wc3.

And you can't say that a lich isn't a mythological creature because it doesn't always look the same.

Take orc for an example. There are many versions of them, such as Wc3's, LoTR, and the more common brown orcs like those from ... damn what was the name of that game again? Spell... something. A mix between rpg and strategy anyways. And you can't say that an orc isn't a mytological creature.

Another example is vampires.

Vampires are all look the same... white creatures that suck blood...

Level 17
Vampires are all look the same... white creatures that suck blood...

False!

Have you ever watched from Dusk to Dawn? Or have you seen a vampire movie where the Vampires mostly are like zombies? (no i'm not talking about the ghouls that they are creating, that is a different thing)
Also, there are those versions of vampires that are some kind of spirit that drains your life force out of you.
And in Oblivion IV: the elder scrolls the vampires are not white, they just get uglier and wrinklier for each day passing that they don't suck blood. They also become a little paler, but that comes from not being in the sun. (if you suck blood from someone, you will be able to walk outside during 1 day.)
There are also the bat versions of the vampire, both IRL and the mythological version. A giant bat, but it's still a vampire.
Their abilities also change depending on the creators.

The Dreadlord in Wc3 is also a version of a vampire, but that's just unofficially.

Catch my drift? :xxd:

Level 17
Read the whole post again, all vampires does not need to drink blood, some feed of lifeforce too.

I'm not trying to be a bitch or besserwisser about this, i just want people to understand that the lich and other mythological creatures may look different:wink:

We could change your statement to: One thing is know, all vampires are parasites and feed of another creatures life in one or another way.(pure lifeforce, blood, flesh etc)