• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

leveling team skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
  • Knight
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to knight
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Honor skill for (Triggering unit) to (Level of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Honor skill to (Picked unit)
              • Hero - Set (Picked unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)), Hide level-up graphics
              • Unit - Set level of Honor skill for (Picked unit) to (Hero level of (Triggering unit))
              • Hero - Modify Strength of (Picked unit): Set to (Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses))
              • Hero - Modify Agility of (Picked unit): Set to (Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses))
              • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Picked unit): Set to (Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses))
            • Else - Actions
The trigger itself works, however when one unit gains a level they all are supposed to, however I want only the active unit to supply the skill...I will explain;
Each player (3 players) has a group of around 20 playable units, only one of these units are active at a time, the rest are in a specific location. clicking on one instantly switches the active and the inactive units.
when a character gains a level all units gain a level, but the only stat increase and ability learned should come from the active character.
I don't know how to do this (aside from the stats).
I was wondering however i I should make an array for each player and each ability (they are all spellbooks by the way) so that when a character gains a level then the number stored in the array increases and then so does the skill for each unit?
That would be rather time consuming, but I can not think of a faster/better way at the moment.

on a side note, I am going to change it from "set level" to setting the experience the same. This wouldn't make things worse/harder would it?

Level 29
this option is easier in ur case just pick all units in the group or if u use an array do a loop. then an ITE with condition unit is not in region (the one with ur active unit).
if its not in the region then reduce units ability lvl.

here is another way although harder
you can trigger all of the abilities. you can add and remove abilities to a unit only problem is this will take away the unit lvl up with skill points. what u can do tho is have a dummy unit with all of the abilities then u use that unit to lvl the abilities. detect when that unit lvls an ability. then detect the ability and add it to the units you want it to be added to.

Level 3
by array I actually meant variables, by the way. heheh my bad for using the wrong word.
I think it might be easier using variables to using a dummy unit, that sounds like more trouble than it is worth.
I guess there isn't a way for it to not detect the unit having it's level set as leveling? haha that would remove alot of complications.

Maybe it would be easier if I had it check the level of the character on switching instead of each time it levels? I mean no player is going to use ALL of the classes in a single game.
Actually now that I think about it, since each class has different stat growth and gains various abilities each level, and all characters share the same stats, maybe I should not have them level the same, reduce the max level (originally I had the idea that max level would be 99, and each class gained/improved abilities each level up to 20 levels.) However if I instead made each class level seperately it would be easier for shared abilities to work without alot of complications, they could still share stats and I could have less triggers (and less complicated ones) to toy with.
originally the reason for letting classes continue past the 20 mark was so that players could maintain the stat growth they wanted (higher intelligence classes cast more abilities more often, stronger characters hit harder, yadda yadda yadda.)

I think I might do that, just have everyone level seperately and reduce some of the headache.
I will +rep you however (this is the second time you have helped me today...you deserve more than just one plus as far as I am concerned.)

Status
Not open for further replies.