• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Level skip on hero abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey Im trying to make attribute point abilities (one for each att).
I have it set so that you get three ability points every level but i cant figure out how to make it so you can put all the points in one because it wont go higher than the level of your hero. i have tried to set the level skip in the constants but it wont go under one and if i change it to zero on the ability then it does default (witch wont go below 1)
is there a trigger that I can set up to set the level skip to zero (or remove it) or am i missing something.

thanks.:goblin_yeah:

Level 1
Just use 1, guy.Then you can learn that ability every LV :D

yes but my problem is that i cant learn it multiple times in one level.
thanks for replying.

Just use 1, guy.Then you can learn that ability every LV :D

Did you try setting it at the Gameplay Constants?

I don't know if my explanation was misunderstood but i thought i covered both of these in the post. sorry if i was unclear... thank you for you help anyway

to be more clear my hero has three abilities (att bonus str) (att bonus int) and (att bonus agi)
every time he levels he is given three points instead of one.
i have seen in other wc3 maps (mostly rpgs) situations where you can level one ability beyond the heros level. this is what I am trying to achieve. however if my hero is level 10 i can only have a max of 10 in each skill (or 9 i cant remember) thus forcing my to spend the three points every level on one of each ability.
hopefully I have explained it better this time.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Okay, to be exact, you want whenever your Hero LVL up, you can choose 3 abilities at once on that level? if so, my attachment can help you
I believe he already has that part, but what he needs is to be able to level 1 ability however many times you want in a single level (so you can increase an ability's level by 3 while the hero has only leveled once).

You can do this by setting the level skip requirement to -1 (shift-enter the value, otherwise you can't do this).
However: if the level of those abilities is over 50, then I recommend using some other system (because high-level abilities create a lag spike every time such a unit enters the map and increase loading time by quite a bit).

Level 6
Did you consider making a dummy ability only for learning and another one the hero gets? While giving point to an ability, you activate a trigger removing the dummy ability and increasing the lvl of actual skill. With this you have to bear in mind, that most available skill points the hero can have is the sum of levels of all the skills (so normally they can have up to 10 = 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 in melee maps).

Level 19
You should make the ability have 5 levels and when it is learned, instantly remove it and add the stat point, that way you have clean loading times

Status
Not open for further replies.