• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Level of ability does not want to raise!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I add an item ability to a unit through a trigger as a part of ability, and try to increase it's level also by triggers, but it does not want to increase.. the rest of the actions are executed while the action for increasing level isn't, I've also tried setting a level, but that didn't work either.. what's the problem?

Level 12
There are some abilities where this is impossible. Either upload a testmap or name the ability you can not level up.

Level 12
I don't know about that specific one, but item bonus abilities are usually have that problem.

You can try using attribute bonus ability.

Level 12
There is an ability which can increase all stats (str, agi, int).Use that.

Its name is "Attribute bonus", it has a plus shaped icon, it is under neutral hero abilities category.

Level 12
Ah I remember now, thanks mate.

Edit: Do you know how can I avoid the lag when I make a unit learn an ability that has like 20-50 levels?

There's no way to avoid the lag, but you can give it to a unit at the start of the game so that it is already loaded by the time some other unit gains it. It only does the laggy load once.

Level 12
Make it so it isn't a hero ability. This is the Attribute Bonus hero ability, right? You should be able to just change 'Hero Ability - True' to 'Hero Ability - False'. You are only levelling it with triggers, right?

Level 11
I know that, but I need to make the hero learn that ability on initialization, cause it has 50 levels and if I make a hero learn it, it lags the game. Imagine 10 heroes of the same type learn it in a same time..
I need to set it through object editor, but the unit is a hero so it allows him to learn it in-game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I know that, but I need to make the hero learn that ability on initialization, cause it has 50 levels and if I make a hero learn it, it lags the game. Imagine 10 heroes of the same type learn it in a same time..
It would be the same as 1 hero learning it. The "lag" (frame drop) is caused by the ability being loading. You can change unit abilities dozens of times per frame without causing the next frame to be dropped.

Anyway base it on the Neutral Hostile ability "Attribute Bonus". If you played the Rexar TFT bonus campaign you would understand. That supports levelling unlike item abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.