• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Level beyond 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello Hivers,

I've made an altered melee map where heroes can level up to 20. Their abilities have all got 6 levels (and their level 6 abilities 2). I've got one little problem, though. For example, a level 7 Blood mage can already pick level 4 flame strike, instead of having to start levelling up either banish or siphon mana. This leads to some balance issues. I'd like to have it that level 4 flame strike is locked until the hero reaches level 11. Is there a way to do that? (This would be the same for level 2 phoenix, which can be picked at 8 and is actually meant as a level 16 ability)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Use the Level Skip Requirement field on the abilities. There's also the default Level Skip Requirement in the Gameplay Constants.

For more specific control of the levels you could probably add Upgrade Requirements to the abilities. Then trigger the Upgrades to be researched when your Hero reaches the desired level.

Status
Not open for further replies.