• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Let's stop the offensive commenting movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Seriously, i've done it some time ago ( 1550 comments ), but now with some reflexion all it can do is a decrease of submittion, a more hostile environnement and lower self esteem and less ease for the submitters.

So, i say, that even if a submission sucks, let's say it in a kind way..Darky isn't paying tons of money to make a hostile community where persons doesn't feel like submitting anything.
If you see a sucky recolor, try to find the good sides of it, then the bad sides, and always end your comment "keep submitting skins, they're nice to view" !
i believe a friendly environnement would really help this site.
people like eusira, wormskull and Irbat and other similar commenters would need to change their methods.
even if you're a profesionnal or that you can't draw for shit, dont try to prove how much you're superior to another...if a skin is good..dont try to be a maul and try to find the flaws. of course there are flaws, but don't put emphazis on them.
the author would perhaps change their skin if it was said in a coherent and friendly manner.

thanks, kindly writted by wormskull, peace spreader.

Level 5
Eusira said:
I don't call skins utter crap even if they're extremely good and then swear at them, say you should redo it, and stop skinning over likr IRBat. I usually will say that if they really piss me off with their skin like brandon did with his so-called freehand skin

stfu nigger

Level 5
The whole comment improving thing,
I think it would be pretty cool,
and the thinking you are better than others thing should be worms advice

but the whole thing would be cool to have
one bad thing, if no one had bad comments like The hand is a little ackward, no one here will improve, and drawing a hand like that will become a habit...

Level 5
xblack-deathx said:
The whole comment improving thing,
I think it would be pretty cool,
and the thinking you are better than others thing should be worms advice

but the whole thing would be cool to have
one bad thing, if no one had bad comments like The hand is a little ackward, no one here will improve, and drawing a hand like that will become a habit...

go re-read my post.. critism and excessive assault are two different things.

Level 11
If you see a sucky recolor, try to find the good sides of it, then the bad sides, and always end your comment "keep submitting skins, they're nice to view" !
if a skin is good..dont try to be a maul and try to find the flaws. of course there are flaws, but don't put emphazis on them.

Try following your own advice.

by wormskull, peace spreader.

And when have you ever spread peace here? I've never seen you do anything but cause disharmony.

After all, you continue flaming here in the forums. And though I haven't been checking new skins much, I suspect I would find flames, or as you call it "critisicm", there too. So stop being such a hypocrite when we all know your real personality as an asshole. And if you're actually trying to be sincere(which I doubt) then stop flaming.

Level 2
Worm i dont get it... is it your new year resolution to be nice?.. seriously your like the whole opposite of everything you told as far as i know your one of those who bashed hard on every skin, maul to find flaws, mass flaming, if you wanna start being nice then quit calling everyone niggers and crap like that, just like anyone gonna listen to you if you dont even give the proper exemple, if you become nice that would be a good resolution and a proof of maturity and respect from yourself

Level 11

i can feel the love on this site,feels like a chainsaw.
an old quote by a great skiner named evil yard gnome or something.the reason is because the moderators care so much about small rules like not paying attention to the file or what ever and dont mind the offensive things and let them get away.
also if you study the habits of new moders you will see it goes something like this: this is my first skin i think it looks realy nice and please dont post offensive coments (or soemthing along the line of that).and its a paint skin.a smarter non new member posts something offensive to him saying that he doesnt like it and its 1/5.the poster off the skin gets mad because he thinks that skin was nice and he payed attention to it(5 minute paint skin =P).so he goes out flaming other people and thier skins because they are enraged.they flame the person who gave them the offensive comment the most.or in another case #1 noob makes a skin at the same time as #2 noob.#2 noobs skin is beter than #1noob.#1 noob flames because his skin is worse than #2noob.vice versa.
this is how i understand the mind of a noob.
offensive coments are needed to make people learn, and nowadays people are so sensitive.people should just thoughen up and take comments.
~halo

Level 11
coments are needed to make people learn, and nowadays people are so sensitive.people should just thoughen up and take comments.

This is somewhat true.

But....

a smarter non new member posts something offensive to him

Why does it have to be offensive in the first place? :?

If people could just be polite, things would be much better here.

Level 5
Lord Finarfin said:
If people could just be polite, things would be much better here.
yes, just like your previous post i was a asshole and being a queer by trying to desesperatly find a thing to whine at. whiners aren't needed...since they make other persons whine and so on. stop whining and stop trying to be a sad morbid bastard.

Level 23
I already give only constructive criticism.

Now my New Year's resolution is to buy this shirt. Nuff said.

product_image.php

Level 5
finally wormskull, it is nice to see that all those words about being nice and give better criticism has finally gotten into your head. welcome to the ones that give contructive criticism, you are needed among us. =)

and this brings up another thing. wormskull has done some bad things, but hopefully he's regretting them now and need forgiveness.
I ask you all to forgive. there are no need for questioning and being rude, using harsh words.

Level 23
Eusira said:
Yes, except GreyArchon is gonna be banned once oz02 comes online, and Darky isn't gonna help him lift the ban once it expires

And why is that, Eusira? Because Rightfield has somesort of personal vendetta against me, and he abuses his position as moderator to get at my throat?

The reasons for my first warning were true, I should have been more careful. This second warning has no viable reason whatsoever. I do not spam, and the images I post are relevant to the topic at hand, which makes it non-spam as well.

You know this as well as I do.

But, if I get banned with 2 warnings from which 1 isn't justified, and stormrider/wormskull has 8 warnings but remains posting here, then that's enough reason for me to say;

See you at wc3campaigns. :eek:

Level 5
this site is already on it's way to doom. sadly, because a admin that's busy with another site, mod's that abuse their powers, and people that just spam and curse since there are noone to get them banned.. i'm really tired of it!

and Rightfield, I don't care about your threats, this gotta stop. You are supposed to be a mod! you're the last I thought would abuse power. And you have always been one of the good guys here. Suddenly you and some others became Mr Hyde.
Do you really think it's going to do anything good with you cursing in every post and being rude?

Level 11
I actually didn't call you an asshole, Wormy. I said you usually have the personality of an asshole. Though I must admit that your apparent change of heart is interesting. I'll be watching to see how this plays out.

But Tari has a point. Darky has apparently abandoned this site , and I haven't seen oz02 in action for a while. And all the mods seem to able to do is warn, but it takes more than warnings to have discipline. Though power abusing mods is another problem that oz02 needs to examine.(not naming any names) I honestly don't think that GreyArchon should be banned for a few pictures that actually were on topic. And I agree with what he said:

But, if I get banned with 2 warnings from which 1 isn't justified, and stormrider/wormskull has 8 warnings but remains posting here, then that's enough reason for me to say;

See you at wc3campaigns.

Level 13
Yep, we mods can only warn and wait till Darky or oz02 come online to change the warnings to a ban. I hope you understand that I won't tell you if there won't be any admins on for some days :wink:

And yes, that warning for GreyArchon wasn't necessary. Problem is that only the mod that put the warning up is able to remove it. Plz don't think we simply accept every warning there, I check most of them to see if they were necessary.

Level 16
I nominate DarkShadow as next admin. We seriously need another one, or we need to get Darky to appoint an admin and some moderators at the new site, and get his butt off WoW. Because this site is going down, and probably at some point Darky might just drop paying for this server :shock: :?

Status
Not open for further replies.