• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lets get it started!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Ok, I got everything mearely tided up, finishing storyline and tech tree. I'll post tech tree here for comments and send storyline to all team memmbers.

What we have to do is to make about 10 maps with about 5 terrains, one unique playable race, one subrace (ice trolls), one new tileset and one great campaign.

In the next few days I'll send PM's/ICQ messages/whatever to you guys, what I want you to do.

Any questions?^^

Level 2
den blå fidus

when do you expect the new tiles to be ready(i cant make the right terrain when its not there!!)

but agian this is going to be the best campaign ever

Level 2
harray

North Star_.,-|: bred ymer mand(a danish hippie slang for cool)
that map is going to be usefull when we are going to make gnomeregan :D

Norinrad_.,-|:Thats great.If there is anything I could help you with I would be happy to.

Level 2
BLOINGIE

:idea: ......Got an idea.....if you(Norinrad) have found out how you want the maps to look like make a description(detailed if possible) and then the terrainers(me and Jetpack)will draw the map in paintshop,paint or on paper and then send it to you and then you judge if the map looks like you want it to be and then we begin making it in the editor........a bit confusing maybe...but I think its the best way...but not sure if you guys think the same

we could always just do it in the old way: By just making the map

Level 3
Re: BLOINGIE

sorlorg said:
:idea: ......Got an idea.....if you(Norinrad) have found out how you want the maps to look like make a description(detailed if possible) and then the terrainers(me and Jetpack)will draw the map in paintshop,paint or on paper and then send it to you and then you judge if the map looks like you want it to be and then we begin making it in the editor........a bit confusing maybe...but I think its the best way...but not sure if you guys think the same
Wouldn't it be easier to skip the first step and have them draw a picture ;)

Level 14

JetPack said:

maybe...but we need to know what is to be included..
like if there is going to be a big blattle in the middle of the map we need to know that so we can make it look like a battlefield or whatever its sopossed to look like!!

and if we got no information about how the map is going to be or look like and what the goal of the map is we cant make it as good as it could be

its always hard to make a great map when the team arent familliar with each others mapping techniques

said I sorlorg the ruler of all that dont exists

Level 2

Anonymous said:
JetPack said:

maybe...but we need to know what is to be included..
like if there is going to be a big blattle in the middle of the map we need to know that so we can make it look like a battlefield or whatever its sopossed to look like!!

and if we got no information about how the map is going to be or look like and what the goal of the map is we cant make it as good as it could be

its always hard to make a great map when the team arent familliar with each others mapping techniques

said I sorlorg the ruler of all that dont exists

Sry forgot to login....hehe.

Level 2
Sorlorg = god

....um..i cant really start on making the map before i have been on my Live-Roleplay(or RPG) trip (3-Days Fryday-Sunday)
so its not going to be finished before....i guess next sunday if its going to be "Perfect" but...hope you can wait untill then!!

ohh...and if you got some Gnomish doodads or buildings(i need gnome butildings to make the outpost)then it would be great

Level 1
@ North Star : you got this map from gnomergan...ok...that map is to help people in wow...did some of you played gnomergan instance in wow? if not you should do it imediately because it must not differ from original creation
hope i made myself clear...

Level 18
Well, if you mean going to Gnomeregan and see all the objects, areas and stuff in WoW, we are working on it (we = our uber WoW scouting team :p) after we'll have screenshot's of Gnomeregan, we can really start any work on it. Gnomeregan will be last location to terrain BTW.

Ok, I've sent terrain request to all terrainers, after they'll be done triggerers can get their hands on those maps ( unless you can work without terrain :shock: )

@sorlorg: No problem, we're not in hurry you know^^

Level 2
pheew

Norinrad: M´okay...so it dosent matter if the map ain´t finished before all the Gnomish doodads are made and imported and used in the map??

Level 3
Triggers don't have to be done with terrain (excluding region/terrain-texture/tree-targetting/etc. ones, that is :lol:). We could try to start on a few triggers, and then import them into the maps later on? Or custom abilities that you might want to use throughout the whole campaign. Just an idea. 8)

Level 18
Star, If you want to, post some more interesting shots here.

BTW here's an map for Rui:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/lastmissionsmap.gif
Sorry for long wait but school is just taking all my time now :x

The whole area is covered with trees. Use human and orcish buildings for now, untill there will be some buildings models. Ironforge and Gnomeregan are underground cities so there will be visible only entrances of them, wnich will be custom models either.

Level 13
Norinrad said:
The whole area is covered with trees. Use human and orcish buildings for now, untill there will be some buildings models. Ironforge and Gnomeregan are underground cities so there will be visible only entrances of them, wnich will be custom models either.

Dude, so you must be busy creating all of those models, keep the spirit, Norinrad! :D

Btw, how's the techtree? Is it like what Barbavore said?

Level 2
Norinrad said:
Could all the terrainers post their progress (in %) of the requested terrain please?

Also if you have some good shots of the terrain please post them in the terrain gallery. If you don't have any place to upload them please send it to me.

well..........i have not had so much time to work on it....and my progress is only about 5%

man,im sry to dissapoint some of you guys but.......i dont think i can help working on the campaign anymore... :cry: :cry: :cry:
i just dont think i can do it.........sry
it sounded MUCH easier then it actually was!!
:cry: :cry: sry again
and i wish that this campaign will be the best campaign that has ever existed..

(Norinrad....i can send you what i had made...though its not much...)

"I once called myself a real mapmaker...look at me now...,"Cried the coward Sorlorg.

Level 18
Hey, don't get so hasty. We have much time, no one is chasing us :p I know that there are more important things than making terrain for W3.

But if you are sure that you just can't and won't make it, well then tell me if you want to quit our team and just send me what you've done so far. I hope nothing like this will happen :cry:

Level 2
I dont know anything about eating salad

..........well.....anyways im not quitting team
...But before i can go on with the map i´ll need some gnome building custom models.....I promise that i wont post a thing like my last post again!! :oops:

But is any of the maps going to be in a "not underground environment"..(like lordearon winter)
????

.....just notify me when the new Terrain and Building models are ready!!!....

Sorlorg....

Level 5
Hurricane

I was hit have by hurricane Wilma last monday 10/24/05 =( witch is how gone now and on its way to europe, but left Florda with trees down and no power etc... I was hit dead on where I live by hurricane Wilma with about 120 mph winds and torandos... Sound like fun? lol. Lucky for me I have a little box that makes powers lol.... I found out today that I have internet :D . Well my house is still here, but trees want down etc.. and powerlines r still down. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me wuts going on with the campaign once again lol.

-Star

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Norinrad said:
Could all the terrainers post their progress (in %) of the requested terrain please?

Also if you have some good shots of the terrain please post them in the terrain gallery. If you don't have any place to upload them please send it to me.

I asked what type of terrain were you needing. You didn't answer.

-Rui

Level 18
@North Star: Uhh I've heard of that, glad that you're okay :) Sadly, the camapign haven't moved on too much...

@Rui:
BTW here's an map for Rui:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/lastmissionsmap.gif
Sorry for long wait but school is just taking all my time now

Umm, about 10 posts up, probably you haven;t noticed it :p Well sorry, I could point it out and ensure that you will see it :roll:

Level 18
Hey guys we must orginize a bit couse everyone thinks that we are leaving this project. So, everyone post here whether you are active or not and progress of your work ( even if it's small ). After two weeks ( on 01.01.2006 ) I'll exclude those who won't be active. After that, I'll1 try to recruit some more members...

Status
Not open for further replies.