• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legends RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey I am a big fan of legends I think its a great map for several reasons. Unlike other RPGs it can be beaten in one relatively short sitting. It has a simple yet effective tech tree and leveling system. But the thing that makes it great is its PVP qualities there are no quests but there is a general goal being the most powerful. The cold war type game play can be very fun the no matter how friendly some one seems they could back stab you at any moment if your not well prepared. In the end the winner is the player who kills all others. Now before I go on let me be clear about one thing. I am talking about Legends Finale Edition and Legends Platinum 2. Not that bastardized version going around today called Divinity. The problem with that map is the save system. It uneven the playing filed. Legends was not meant to be a long quest filled RPG that needs a save system. What I have been doing for the last little while is working on a new version of legends not just a re-amp like Platinum was but a whole new map. Its basically legends with new 256 by 256 terrain. Also I am adding a few new heros and some more items but other then that it has the same creeps and general game play. The map is about 60% complete the terrain and unit placement is about 90% done. I still need to do some small work on the units and a lot of work on the triggers. Right now I am at the point where I need some one who is good with triggers to help out. If you are intested in seeing the map IM or Email me @ [email protected]

Level 2
i am too a big fan of legends but i think the main problem in legends divinity is the overpowerd players
and its too easy to get them i had a lvl 80 godess
i got her pretty fast and after a few player kills it became boring i really hope your map will fix that and i would love to try it

Level 2
Exactly its no fun when some one comes in with a high level character and blasts kills every one.

Level 3
I played Legends a lot half a year ago or such. I haven't tested those new versions you're talking about. I think Legends and SOL's are both great maps, good luck for your work. Inform us when it's ready for a test :)

Status
Not open for further replies.