• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leg Problem With Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm finishing up a model i'm making, and for some reason when I import the model into Warcraft 3, the right leg starts to act up and stretch out weirdly.

Leg Problem.gif
(The gif is kinda laggy, but you get the idea I hope.)
Anyone know the cause for this? (It looks completely fine in Magos and Mdlvis.)

Level 11
I had an issue like that where matrixeater or mdlvis optimizer or a weird combination of the two would actually rename a bone on save (like mesh21 became mesh2 but another mesh2 already existed) and then the verticies would get all jumbled up between the two but mdlvis continued to display as normal but the game/magos was mush.

Finally i just renamed mesh21 to another name on a not-messed up ver and then it worked fine. I haven't looked at your model but it could be that something similar is happening.

Level 29
The problem is that the right leg bone uses a geoset animation that is invisible while the right leg geoset is visible and has vertices attached to the bone.

The game stops updating the bone because it's invisible, and so the position of the vertices attached to it stays the same.

To fix it, don't reference any geoset animation in that bone, or fix the alpha animation of the geoset animation so that it's visible when it should be.

I was supposed to add a test for this in the sanity tester, will do it soon-ish, thanks for the model.

Level 14
The problem is that the right leg bone uses a geoset animation that is invisible while the right leg geoset is visible and has vertices attached to the bone.

The game stops updating the bone because it's invisible, and so the position of the vertices attached to it stays the same.

To fix it, don't reference any geoset animation in that bone, or fix the alpha animation of the geoset animation so that it's visible when it should be.

I was supposed to add a test for this in the sanity tester, will do it soon-ish, thanks for the model.

Thank you so much, I don't know how it got set on that geoset animation, but when I set it to "None" it absolutely fixed the problem, thanks so much!

I was scared I had to redo the leg animations to fix the problem, but this lifts my spirits! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.