• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leaving a blank between hero shorcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to leave a blank between two hero shortcuts like on the following pic :

xcb.png

And if possible without creating a hero for another player because the map is supposed to be for 12 players.

Thanks in advance, +rep for helpers!

Level 7
I don't think that would be a problem, except maybe for the AI.

If I do this, the slot created for this hero will be kept after the hero being removed?
As long as you create the heroes you want to remain before removing the dummy heroes, yes, that should be case.

But let me know if it worked as intended once you try, I never tested it.

Level 9
As long as you create the heroes you want to remain before removing the dummy heroes, yes, that should be case.

This is problematic because the dummy to be removed would stay during the first minutes of the game (until the first hero being trained)... I would like to use the top icon as button for settings (thanks to another dummy hero created at map init). Then leaving a blank, and then having my heroes icons.

Level 7
This is problematic because the dummy to be removed would stay during the first minutes of the game (until the first hero being trained)... I would like to use the top icon as button for settings (thanks to another dummy hero created at map init). Then leaving a blank, and then having my heroes icons.
You just need to use the dummy heroes at the split second before you get the hero with the space above. There's no need to have then there at any moment.

Level 7
So, as an update, I was able to simulate this space using Unit Shared Adavanced Settings between two players.

Maybe you can do it with some neat trick and repositioning of the buttons, but other than that, I'm not sure It's possible (maybe if there is a bug we can exploit).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-04-26 17.34.01.png
    Screenshot 2017-04-26 17.34.01.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
Level 9
So, as an update, I was able to simulate this space using Unit Shared Adavanced Settings between two players.

Yep, that's the way the guy on the screenshot did that.

If one removes the hero icon glow effects you could place a dummy hero icon there by using a transparent image. If the hero has locust then selecting it might not be possible but the icon may still show (which is transparent so invisible but still uses the slot).

Thanks, it works well! +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.