1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Leaving a blank between hero shorcuts

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by TheFrenchLeprechaun, Apr 26, 2017.

1. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there!

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to leave a blank between two hero shortcuts like on the following pic :

[​IMG]

And if possible without creating a hero for another player because the map is supposed to be for 12 players.

Thanks in advance, +rep for helpers!

2. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there any problem in creating a hero and removing it afterwards?

3. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think that would be a problem, except maybe for the AI.

If I do this, the slot created for this hero will be kept after the hero being removed?

4. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    As long as you create the heroes you want to remain before removing the dummy heroes, yes, that should be case.

But let me know if it worked as intended once you try, I never tested it.

5. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is problematic because the dummy to be removed would stay during the first minutes of the game (until the first hero being trained)... I would like to use the top icon as button for settings (thanks to another dummy hero created at map init). Then leaving a blank, and then having my heroes icons.

6. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    You just need to use the dummy heroes at the split second before you get the hero with the space above. There's no need to have then there at any moment.

7. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    It doesn't seem to work, the icon of the remaining hero is taking the place of the removed one.

+rep, thanks anyway :)

8. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Once I get home (I'll take some hours) I'll try something else if you didn't had your answer

9. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, as an update, I was able to simulate this space using Unit Shared Adavanced Settings between two players.

Maybe you can do it with some neat trick and repositioning of the buttons, but other than that, I'm not sure It's possible (maybe if there is a bug we can exploit).

Attached Files:

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If one removes the hero icon glow effects you could place a dummy hero icon there by using a transparent image. If the hero has locust then selecting it might not be possible but the icon may still show (which is transparent so invisible but still uses the slot).

11. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep, that's the way the guy on the screenshot did that.

Thanks, it works well! +rep