• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Learn Ability and able to put skill points into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, i'm also needing this trigger

Basically, the hero Blademaster does not start out with Shockwave, so I need a trigger where the Blademaster learns shockwave after a event, (can be enters a region, doesnt matter) I need it so you can put skill points into the shockwave to improve it, (I tryed the Add Ability action trigger and it only allowed me to get Level 1 shockwave, couldn't upgrade it at all or put skill points in it) so thats basically what I need, Add Shockwave to Blademaster through a trigger, and, to be able to put skill points into it, and even if the Blademaster dies, after he revives he'll still have the shockwave at the current level he had before.

Thanks!

+Rep =D

Level 18
Look for the text "Engineering Upgrade" in the link labeled WarCraft III: Ability Guide in my signature. That will tell you what you need to know. Actually, I may even have a test-map laying around that uses the bug.

By the way, this question has been answered many times. You should try searching the forum a little bit.

In this thread I title it appropriately and answer the question that refers back to the title of the thread. It should be easy enough to find if you were searching properly, and there is also an upload I made in that thread with the test-map I mentioned earlier.

Level 1
Look for the text "Engineering Upgrade" in the link labeled WarCraft III: Ability Guide in my signature. That will tell you what you need to know. Actually, I may even have a test-map laying around that uses the bug.

By the way, this question has been answered many times. You should try searching the forum a little bit.

In this thread I title it appropriately and answer the question that refers back to the title of the thread. It should be easy enough to find if you were searching properly, and there is also an upload I made in that thread with the test-map I mentioned earlier.

Huh.. I looked on your test map and the trigger add ability is in jazz/coding, can't jazz/code anything, i'm just using regular world editor skills.

Level 18
Then read the link I gave to you. The JASS is actually just a very simple script that adds the necessary abilities to a unit. The abilities in the Object Editor are what you should be looking at. It is all explained in the ability guide that is in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.