• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SFX on Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to make a very simple trigger spell; anyways, I am using shockwave as the base skill and made a trigger so that when the unit casts "Strike" (as I call it) he will teleport to the issued point of the ability. I took away the shockwave model. I want it so that a SFX will appear on all of the units damage by this spell. Is this possible? Thanks in advance

Level 2
it may be possible.
i think you'll have to add some sort of "effect" to the shockwave-based ability.

Take flamestrike for example, it burns enemy for damage, but each unit that got damage inflicted on it has a little fire SFX attached to it, along with the buff of "flamestrike" etc etc. Go to the flamestrike spell, inspect it's "buffs/effects" that it uses, and find out which one makes units have a flame on them. Then, just copy this effect to make a new one, name it "strike effect" or whatever, give it the model you want, put it in the same respective spot on your strike-shokwave ability as the flamestrike had it, and voila! you have your spell...I think that should jsut about do it, i haven't actually tried myself, but it'd make sense. gl

Level 2
You know, that SHOULD work, but for some reason it does not, the editor is funky that way. I tried so adjusting durations, and tried both effects and buffs, but neither worked. Thanks though for the attempt.

Level 8
Trigger:
SpecialEffectPropertySubtract
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to *YOUR ABILITY*
Actions
Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 250.00)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the *WHEREVER YOU WANT IT TO BE ATTACHED* of (Target unit of ability being cast) using *WHATEVER MODEL YOU WANT*
Wait 6.00 seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

That --MIGHT-- work. :roll:

Level 16
There is something called Missle (Special) Art. Take Carrion Swarm for example. When it connects to a target, a little black burn sears them. This would help quite a bit. As of the movement, I wouldn't use a wait queue** because the wait erases target units. Target unit of ability being cast, Target Point of ability being cast etc. I recommend using a variable if you're going to go crazy with some sfx, but good luck with your spell

**The_Raven taught me this. Credit him and not me

Level 2
Excellent! I just changed the spell to use carrion swarm instead of shockwave. Thanks Eusira, and all others that tried to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.