• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

League of legends - custom skins - alpha texturing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to post about this and this seemed like a place for it.

I know some folks from here play league of legends... so do i. Now I figured out you can import your own skins in to the game. Now this sounds good so I made a nice Garen skin for me, everything went nice and smooth, till I tested in game, "alpha texturing" turned out black, then a couple of times(in matter of seconds) it worked and those ugly robes were gone.

So my question is, does alpha channel work, why is it working for a few seconds, and then it turns black?

If someone has some experience with this issue, please share it with our mortal souls :)

And I'm gladly sorry if i posted in wrong forum.

~Berz

Level 38
Depending on the patches and updates with that game the alpha channels may work, not work, or sort of work. It seems like the game engine is having a little bit of trouble with them, beyond that I don't know what to say.

You should direct your questions about that game to the folks at the modding site League Craft though, and could probably get a better answer. (I may or may not have an Ashe skin there for download as well ;)

Aha I see. I'll make an account there then, heh :)

Thanks for the info (you may have one ashe skin there, and it looks like bloodelf)

Edit:

God I feel dumb now... I'd just need to search a bit.... http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.php?/topic/2578-transparency-intermediate-from-heroesmod/

Edit:

Now it kind of works, lets say you're looking champion face to face or you are looking at his back.. everything nice. but as you turn character so that its looking on the left/right side of the screen, parts of "alpha-textured" starts appearing as a small random flat broken shaped things :p

Well this is what I figured for now.

Awww... forgot to tell you how its done... first make your skin in your image editing program PS, GIMP, MSpaint... then you'll need Paint.NET, since its the only image editing program that supports .dds files (kind of good program for beginners, but latter you find it dull). Now you open your image with it and simply erase the parts you don't want to be shown, after you do that simply save it as .dds and follow import steps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.