• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lava Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need a lava model for my (friend's) map. Just some 2D, lava-esque "tile" that can be used as a doodad and would look, I dunno, hot. Would be nice if it was homogeneous throughout, too.

Thanks!

Level 15
UTM (Ultimate Terraining Map) has 2d lava tiles. try them. you can find UTM in Terraining forums (it's a sticky).

Level 4
I, ah.... it doesn't really look like lava. Looks like some shit you'd find in a church or something, stain glass. What I meant by "tile" is that it's flat and square, not that it's something that you pave with. My friend's using it for a pool of lava that can be entered. The only other alternative is to spam lava cracks and that just lags something fierce.

I'm sure a lava model wouldn't be all that difficult to make, besides, judging by that... thing, it'd be a helpful addition. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, it would be nice to have it look somewhat like this: http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TRAwalk/screenshots/mines38.jpg

Level 15
then do this:
1) export any tile model from UTM
2) download 67chrome's lava skin and import it
3) open tile model in Notepad and change skin path listed there to the one of 67chrome's lava skin (it must be the same path you've imported the skin into the map under)
4) import the tile
5) ?????
6) PROFIT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.