• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last Refuge

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Last Refuge (Undead Rebalanced)

This is just a rebalanced map of Undead for future multiplayer insight.

Changes to Undead balance so far:

Impale dmg increased from 75/120/165 to 90/135/180
Lift time reduced from 1 to 0.5 to compensate the actual stun is increased by .5 across all lvls
Mana cost changed from 100 to 90/95/100

CL +1 INT buff

Carrion Beetle mana cost from 30 to 20 (maybe this should be 25?)

Units

Ghouls from 340hp to 350hp.

Abominations (Turn rate from .4 to .55, ats from 1.9 to 1.8, collision size from 46 to 35)

DK unholy aura movespeed nerf from 10%/20%/30% TO 7%/14%/21%

Undead all ground units (excluding shade and acolyte) movespeed increased by 7%

I can link map for someone to test against. Critical V4ertern feedback wanted. Maybe ill drop this idk.

*New Edit:

Ghouls now automatically get “Magic Defense” at tier 2.

A toggle ability where they gain 40% magic resistance but lose 10% movespeed. This is because frenzy is there and unholy aswell so its not to op.
Contents

Last Refuge (Map)

Reviews
eubz
Last Refuge Submitted by Yahya Hello Yahya, 1. I don't think this belongs to altered melee map as you only did some edits on a race which is already existing, I mean the four main races of Warcraft 3 universe. Let us take a look at how @Septimus...
Level 4
Any reasons behind the changes? I'd like to hear your thoughts while you were balancing them.

Honestly its because I wanted to see a potential preview of possible undead changes.

We know Reforged coming this year but balance changes are coming after launch.

This is why I took some small reasonable changes to undead.

I mean idk currently the magic defense spell for ghouls is broke making them magic immune instead of gaining resistance.

Level 4
Any reasons behind the changes? I'd like to hear your thoughts while you were balancing them.

For the first change the dmg is increased by 15 on all lvls because impale is overall a weak spell in its current state.

Then lift time (invunerability) was reduced from 1 to 0.5 to maintain animation. But this actually removes 0.5 seconds of surround time; so 0.5 seconds was also added to the actual stun.

Then its mana cost was lowered from 100 to 90/95/100 to help CL who has mana issues.

Too further assist with this CL is given +1 INT and has beetle mana cost reduced from 30 to 20.

All of this is a massive buff to CL.

Units

Ghouls have weakest hp for tier 1 ground unit. 340hp increasing it to 350 is a good buff. Because now with frenzy they can kill a lvl 3 carrion beetle.

Then adding on magic defense gives them 20% mgc resistance. While they lose around 5% movespeed.

This is because undead ground is now 7% faster anyways. And - 5% movespeed lands them with dk aura 3 at around 22% bonus speed.

Magic defense also stops instant death from most lvl 3 spells.

Aboms changes help them become useful tier 3 attackers rather than just meat sheild. This also buff DL ghoul into abom start massivly.

Then we have dk aura movespeed nerf. From 10%/20%/30% to 7%/14%/21%.

While all undead ground units (excluding shade and acolyte) receive +7% base movement speed.

So reducing the reliance on dk by a little bit. Potentially opening up a DL strat (More realistically) than a CL strat or tavern strat

Last edited:
Last Refuge
Submitted by Yahya

Hello Yahya,
1. I don't think this belongs to altered melee map as you only did some edits on a race which is already existing, I mean the four main races of Warcraft 3 universe. Let us take a look at how @Septimus defines altered melee:
altered melee explained
altered melee explained
altered melee explained
altered melee explained

Altered Melee
Altered Melee-style gameplay is similar to the melee map, but is slightly different in comparison with melee as it contains a custom race apart from the usual (human, orc, undead, and nightelf) such as draenei, dragon, and so on.
Map Genre Explaination
2. I bet you should first have to look into the following for more references in creating cool and nice altered melee map:
Custom Race Creation: Advanced Mechanics
How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race
3. Who do you think will play for a map that have been ripped off from warcraft repository and then just having edited a single selected race? If you want, it is the best thing to add another race aside from the already balanced race (orc, undead, nightelf, human) of warcraft universe, as what @Septimus explained, and that would be great.
4. Happy Mapping