• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] LAN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
does wc3 still support local area network in new patches? i heard people say blizzard abandon the lan ? and yesterday i and my friend can't see my hosted room in lan

Level 4
LAN games should appear correctly if everyone has Apple Bonjour installed and are discoverable on the local network.
i and my friend already has apple bonjour installed but why my friend can't see my hosted lan games? are because the version of the game? my friend has 1.30.2.11057 and i use 1.30.2.11113

Level 4
What. That sounds completely awful.

Heeeeeell no, downloading an Apple product to play on LAN, no thanks.
Then I might as well use Garena or Gameranger which is useful for online play anyway so it is not as useless of a download.
Not like the reduced latency if a big deal in wc3 anyway.
but,are not the new patches require bonjor to play lan?

Level 4
The methods I suggested are for online play technically.
But there is no real difference anyway and it is way more useful since you might use it for playing online with strangers, it works just as well for playing with friends.
so how to setting to play online in gameranger with newpatch ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i and my friend already has apple bonjour installed but why my friend can't see my hosted lan games? are because the version of the game? my friend has 1.30.2.11057 and i use 1.30.2.11113
Yeh you both need the latest version to play, or at least to have the same version.

The current version is 1.30.4.11274. It appears both of you are using quite old versions. I strongly recommend updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.