• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My custom units aren't playable in LAN games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright. So I downloaded some units, and followed the tutorial to add them to my map. Everything seems to work fine in single player mode, but when I want to host a LAN game, the map containing the downloaded units disappears.

On a few occasions, the map didn't disappear, but no one was able to join the game.

It's driving me crazy! This only happens when a map contains downloaded units. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong... but I probably am. Unless, is there an option I need to change in the editor to enable this map for LAN games? Or can you just not use custom units in LAN games at all? That would be really depressing if you can't... (As you can tell, I'm kinda new to this!)

Thanks for any help!

Yes, you can use custom units in LAN games. Strange that it happens due to them though. Have you tried having another one of your LAN friends host it? It might just be the map.

I suggest testing LAN with other maps, just to see if it works. Most contain custom units. Try to host something stable. Which map are you trying to host? You can try contacting the owner as well, if it is just the map that is the problem.

Sometimes, maps require something called NewGen warcraft, that is a custom download. Also, be sure that it isn't something with your connection. I guess it is kind of implied though in your post that other maps work, huh.

Level 3
can you be more specific as to how it won't let you host?
ie...
Will it let you create the game on bnet at all?
if it does, are people just unable to join?
if they can, does the map not load or crash your game?
if not that, then do the models just disappear?
There are a million reasons that you could be having this trouble, so in order to help you you will need to be as detailed as possible about what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.