• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Lag issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
NOTE: For the few of you that don't have the expansion, ignore this. The map requires it for multiple reasons.
I've been working on this map for a few days, I like making myself custom maps just to mess around with, but with this one, there's an odd lag issue. It's the first one I've used custom models in.
The lag is mostly found around the south eastern forest, after the Barbarians have developed a little, so I have a feeling its to do with units.
It also happens a lot when crossing around the southern entrance and eastern entrance to the mountain, after about 30-40 seconds of gameplay.

Link: (Not on hiveworkshop because I don't want it rated, plus I don't intend to publish it either.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3xvw1rxfzgt7f02

Extra note: I shouldn't have to put this, but just so you all know: It's a WIP, it's far from done. I honestly can't see a thing on this map that doesn't require work.

Last edited:
Level 16
Umm, I played without any lag. Also, I didn't find 1 custom trigger in your map. Maybe you have a low performance computer which struggles under a map of that size? However, I doubt it. Since it's not trigger related, it could even be that model your using, however I don't know enough about models to know how to look at them. Try removing the custom models and playing without them to see if it fixes the lag for you.

BTW. I'm kinda annoyed at you. My Avast! picked up a virus on the website you linked wether it was an add on the side or wherever it was because I cannot receive the same virus by repeating the process.

Level 1
Mediafire ads

Umm, I played without any lag. Also, I didn't find 1 custom trigger in your map. Maybe you have a low performance computer which struggles under a map of that size? However, I doubt it. Since it's not trigger related, it could even be that model your using, however I don't know enough about models to know how to look at them. Try removing the custom models and playing without them to see if it fixes the lag for you.

BTW. I'm kinda annoyed at you. My Avast! picked up a virus on the website you linked wether it was an add on the side or wherever it was because I cannot receive the same virus by repeating the process.

It's mediafire, so basically Megaupload, only still up and with slightly less ads. And I'm also using Avast!. Shouldn't have given that, probably an ad.

My computer:
6GB Ram, i5 Quadcore Processor running at 2.50 GHz, with a Radeon HD5450. 64 bit. Brand: Gateway.
Forgot to mention, it's not "normal" lag, where it runs slow through out the entire play, basically, once it starts, every 3-5 seconds, it freezes for 0.5-2 seconds. (Or if near the forest I told about, 1-5 seconds). In this time, I cant move my mouse, or use hotkeys or anything.

Addition: I also forgot to mention, I've made a few maps of this size (not of this detail, but of this size, it's my best map so far.), so it cant be the size of the map.

Last edited:
Level 1
Pastebin. What can I possibly put in there other than a program list. (I'm hardly used to the triggers and stuff, so I assume it acts like a programming language, I just don't have enough experience to try messing around with that yet. I don't watch tutorials on the editor or anything, I find everything out by trial and error.)

Level 19
Pastebin. What can I possibly put in there other than a program list. (I'm hardly used to the triggers and stuff, so I assume it acts like a programming language, I just don't have enough experience to try messing around with that yet. I don't watch tutorials on the editor or anything, I find everything out by trial and error.)

did you even click on the link?

also, the triggers aren't even close to a programming language its basically just pressing buttons of stuff to work

also, theres an edit button in the bottomright of the post, dont double post.

Level 1
did you even click on the link?

also, the triggers aren't even close to a programming language its basically just pressing buttons of stuff to work

also, theres an edit button in the bottomright of the post, dont double post.

Okay, I checked it out. So basically I can upload my file there instead. Ok. I'll use it next time.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I believe the frame dropping spike is AI related.

The AI can be encourged to enter highly performance intensive states. Below I give 2 such situations.
1. AI is placed on an isolated pathing island from all viable targets. The AI will enter an infinite thinking loop trying to find a way to attack an opponent. Although due to safety measures it will break after so many itterations have passed it will still be highly demanding due to the complexity of a single pathing problem iteration.
2. AI is placed in an area with very little room and instructed to build structures. Similar to problem 1 it will enter an intensive thinking loop trying to find a suitable free build location. Due to the finite space of an AI base the problem will quickly exhaust itself (after an expensive search time) but in the case of multiple build attempts or many bases this can become intensive.

WarCraft III AI is not the best. It cannot cope with Island pathing and runs largly in the JASS interpreter.

Level 16
According to Doctor's information (I don't know what we'de do without him :), I suggest you look at the orc base bottom right of the map near the mass of trees.

I noticed the players start location is there, as well as a Orc Fortress thing (whatever the name of the orc building is). With meele triggers enabled, a second orc base is placed on top of the already existing one. You have 2 orc camps glitched on top of eachother.

Also, there is not much room in that area for construction and there is only 1 bridge entrance to that base, which is probebly another problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.