• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Labyrinth Hero Arena 1.5

Reactions: galendumle
[Credits where credits are due can be found in game under the quest tab, however, I'd like to give a shoutout to xXMephistoXx, who has made many of the triggered spells found in this map. He has enabled me to create the heroes found in the map the way I envisioned them, and how I wanted them to play, Thanks a lot for your hard work.]

What is this map about?

This map is a Team Hero Arena in a maze, basically. Each team can have up to 6 players. The main objective in the game is to get 20 team kills before the other team. The first to 20 kills wins. Teamwork is really important in this map, traveling in groups will really help your team out. Running around a dark maze solo will not get your team closer to achieving victory. I really suggest starting the games with at least 5v5 [4v4 at the least] The more people in the game, the more action there is. It's a maze. If you have a game that's 2v2, chances are things won't pick up as fast as you want them to.

What makes this different from any other hero arena?

-You will not find annoying, complex, item recipies in this map. This map is really about working as a team, and knowing how to use your heroes, so that you can come out the winner. The items found in the map are simple and straight forward. I wanted people to focus more on the heroes, the game, and killing each other, than trying to get superduper omnipowerful dagger of awesomeness [requires Sheild of 1337sauce, boots of godlyness, Sword of Pwnzord] [my attempt at humor]

- The map's settings take place in a maze, which adds some strategical thinking to battling in this arena. There are caves through out the map that makes it easier from getting one side of the maze to the other. There are also gates in the map that randomly open and close, providing unique gameplay for players, as well as a chance of luck to get away from your openents [or, for the unlucky, be trapped by them]

- There are 3 flags spread through out the map which your team can capture. Capturing these flags awards experience to the hero that captures the flag, and gold for the whole team who gets a flag captured.

What else is there?

- 19 Heroes, most of which have at least one triggered ability. Other abilities are altered from blizzard spells. Each hero has a role that they can play in their team. You will find no useless heroes here. [more heroes will come in later versions]
- A fairly balanced map [though balance is still being worked upon]
- A miniy "helping system". What this means is, if a player should leave during the game play, all players on the team get a boost of experience points, to help deal with the loss of a team mate.
- Weird references and a sense of humor. [Such as the hero "Druid of Druidic Druidism", and the spell "Trading Spaces"]

Changes in 1.5
-2 New Heroes
-Redesigned multiboard
-Repick system shut off after a few minutes

Changes in 1.3
- 1 New Hero
- Hotkey fixes
- Balance changes
- Random Hero Select option

Changes in 1.0
- Terra Crusher - New Ultimate
- Mana Essence - New Ultimate, spell replacement.
- Mind Flayer - Spell replacement
- Spider Prince - New Ultimate, spell replacement.
- Summoner - Spell replacement
- Big Scary Robot - New Ultimate, spell replacement
- Various tooltip fixes and balances
- Item price changes, and 2 new items.

What you can expect in future next versions:

New Heroes
Balance Changes
Minotaur Boss
Flag locations changing after flag captures
New Items
Different Games Modes [this is iffy] Such as Manhunt, and King of the Hill.
Ability to set amount of kills to win a game.

Keywords:
Arena, Labyrinth, Hero, CTF, Maze, Urgan
Contents

Labyrinth Hero Arena 1.5 (Map)

Reviews
00:57, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
I must say, this map looks like a one big joke. Wtf Druid of the Druidic Druidness? :D (or something like that) funny. Anyways, low triggered spells pewnz and i will say it allways. I like this map, but those tooltips are horrible. Sometimes u have [Level1] - xxx, sometimes u have (Level 1) - xxx, sometimes they are colored, sometimes not...it just need some rework, mb the terrain too, but otherwise i like it, weird but i do :)

Level 5
A few bugs and Suggestions:
Bugs:
u you make copys and they die and you have the flag it says:
a flag has been droped
Sugestions:
this may be funner
Update tooltip on flags so it also says: make you 50% slower in movement or something like that

Dont use the /I in all of your text... Only use it where you wanna 'mark' something.

Level 4
vamparic... urgan is one of my friends and he was just joking around :nw:

Anyway i <3 this game, quirky heroes, and the way the labyrinth is played out. items are a bit lame and i don't like tomes in certain games like this.

I'll give this map a 4/5 =)

Good luck on your TES map man

Level 2
Like the maze but dam,.. its not a crime to put some information in the tooltips.. well at least in the one of the fire mage. I got no clue on how much damage and how much slow the ulti does.. and seeing it in action makes me think like.. well that one sucks..
Same with the summon it only tells me that I summon 1/2/3 creatures who will do detonate.. but it would be better if you also told how much damage the detonate ability does. Also the firebolt tooltip of learning the ability and on using the ability are telling diffrent amounts of damage. And is it really a good idea to let a fire mage hero who needs to focus on slowing people down? Most of time you would make the Ice mage the slower.. (like you did) and the Fire mage a damage dealer.
Also the flags can be delivered at any base does not matter wich one.

Well its only becouse I like the maze, I give you a 2/5.