• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KotNR Star Wars RPG

Reactions: syponis and morbent
This is a teaser for my forthcoming project: KoTNR Star Wars RPG, this teaser is a smal campaign consisting of a beta of the first playable map and a cinematic.

This Campaign is set in the time of the clone wars.
Create your character from six available races (more to come) visit familar planets such as Tatooine, Coruscant and more, explore never seen places such as Kuat, Cerea, Kaale and more.
Meet old friends such as Yoda, Anakin, Dooku, Grievous, Alpha-77 and more...
Join with new characters such as the jedi master Karon Motha, the mandolorian Janus Khan. And fight against an all new villain...

Follow the path of light, or leave the galaxy in darkness...

Notes:

Have ideas, sugestions or critiscism? visit the map developement thread and say whats on your mind.

Credits are given in the quest menu of the game, if someone is forgotten or had their names mispelled, contact me so I can fix it before final release.

This campaign is not protected. However, that does not mean I will permit map theft.
Ask for permission if you want to use the Jawa skin-

Final Note:
The maps included in this campaign is still on beta stage.
For those that like this teaser, I can promise you, there is more to come.
For those that do not like it, I can promise you, there is more to come...

Keywords:
Star Wars, Jedi, Sith, RPG, Campaign, Teaser
Contents

KotNR Star Wars RPG (Campaign)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Horrible (1)
2) Trigger - Average (3)
3) Minor Error - Bad (2)
4) Major Error - Average (3)
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
8) Single player - Average (3)
9) AI support - Horrible (1)
10) Camera - Average (3)
11) Originality - Good (4)
12) File Size - Excellent (5)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing - Average (3)
15) Packaging - Excellent (5)
16) Credits - Excellent (5)
17) Storyline - Average (3)
18) Theme - Average (3)
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Average (3)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Excellent (5)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
23) Game Mode - Average (3)
24) Function - Excellent (5)
25) Unit Placement - Average (3)

Total Accumulation Point : 79/120 * 100 (-16) (Review) = 49.83

[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Lot's of typo error.
[-] - Bug detected, the trigger repeat when the unit enter the pit.
[-] - Terrain could use a much better improvement.
[-] - Should have quest log that indicate the mission objective.

Review : There is a few part that contain error such as the pit area and it get rather annoying at certain point.

Not forget to mention there is a lot of typo error and no quest log available to indicate what to do. For a person who are not a star wars fan, they would surely have trouble to complete the mission.

Another -16 points for this map.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 50/100
Rating - 3/5
Condition - Average
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 6
AWESOME! I loved this. I was only annoyed that I found a cave which was useless, but still, I loved it! UPDATE IT ASAP! ^^ And I still want Cerea :p

Level 4
Glad you liked it Shadow3, Cerea will be a part of the campaign, I promise 8D.
It is always good to get positive feedback, expecialy since this is actualy my first real map.

And about that little bug with the droid. During playtesting I noticed it and though: "Hm, best to remve that item once he get it or make the trigger happen only one turn. I will fix it tomorrow..." Next day I was also playtesting, noticed it again and thought: "Shit forgot to fix it, must do it tomorrow" Guess what happend next day...

Level 3
so much about star wars these days...well shoulndt judge this map without trying it first hehe, downloading.

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Horrible (1)
2) Trigger - Average (3)
3) Minor Error - Bad (2)
4) Major Error - Average (3)
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
8) Single player - Average (3)
9) AI support - Horrible (1)
10) Camera - Average (3)
11) Originality - Good (4)
12) File Size - Excellent (5)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing - Average (3)
15) Packaging - Excellent (5)
16) Credits - Excellent (5)
17) Storyline - Average (3)
18) Theme - Average (3)
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Average (3)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Excellent (5)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
23) Game Mode - Average (3)
24) Function - Excellent (5)
25) Unit Placement - Average (3)

Total Accumulation Point : 79/120 * 100 (-16) (Review) = 49.83

[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Lot's of typo error.
[-] - Bug detected, the trigger repeat when the unit enter the pit.
[-] - Terrain could use a much better improvement.
[-] - Should have quest log that indicate the mission objective.

Review : There is a few part that contain error such as the pit area and it get rather annoying at certain point.

Not forget to mention there is a lot of typo error and no quest log available to indicate what to do. For a person who are not a star wars fan, they would surely have trouble to complete the mission.

Another -16 points for this map.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 50/100
Rating - 3/5
Condition - Average
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 5
meh, a little more doodads would help. and its VERY much walking :/ the idea is cool and i like the backback thing. and i was getting bored so i switched on "Whoyourdaddy" just to get the rest of the story. when i got into the tusken cave, and was facind the dinosaur i was thinking of turning the cheat off, so i wrote whosyourdaddy' and some message showed up and i los :*( , i didnt want to restart the campaign so i gave up... 2/5 (to little happens)

Level 3
The Gungan Race doesn't work. It still needs a lot of work.

Else, I loved the full-screen inventory. I should use it in my campaign excepting that I don't understands its scripts (and else I didn't ask for permission, but if I should use it I would ask).

My rating is 3/5 as it is a teaser and I found lots of bugs (and mapping wasn't very worked).

Anyway I liked it.

Level 2
When can we expect a release? I found this to be pretty good, a much more in-depth multi-choice version of a KotOR, you haven't updated in a while are you still working on this?

Level 1
Okay, im a bit of a star wars buff. I was goin along fine UNTIL I got to the city. I was originally feeling pretty sure about the time period, but then im greeted by a Jedi with 2 clones? My understanding is that, by the time Jabba "ruled" over Tat., the empire was well underway. The majority of the map seems Ep.IV-ish, but that Jedi/clones puts its pre-Ep.III.
Also, I was amazed at how far I could see in the desert. Tho it was during the day, the sandstorm should limit visibility IMO.
Other than that, great job! Love HK!

Kisheek

Level 1
Very good, I was happy to play this but then adding another character bringing the total to 5 was a bit much. I tend to think 4 is pushing it.

Level 1
is it just me or does it end after i get into the ship with Karon Motha..... if so, too short!!! but 20/10, good luck if ur making an update/sequel :thumbs_up::cute:

Level 11
When i started this campaign i wasn't really too impressed initially. Instead of star wars music, their was some weird rock music and stuff. Also when i went to start picking my hero, the Quarren one didn't even seem to work. Also i had to click on the circles to see what race was there. How come you couldn't put an example of what the unit looked like near the circle? And the initial text looked sloppy, as their was no coloring used and it all kind of looked like 1 big paragraph.

Although i do applaud the idea of picking a unique star wars race, and then picking a gender, this seems thrown together. Instead of releasing this in the campaign section, it would be better to make a thread, write text describing the project, and post whatever campaign part you have there instead of posting it up and essentially wasting a map moderators time going over a nowhere complete map. Alot of praise is given here, however you can count on them just being huge star wars fans loving star wars and warcraft 3 put together. However i will admit, the only reason i played this was because it was star wars.

Anyways this review isnt meant to bring u down. I believe if you cleaned up the map, made it more snappy, made the cinematics run quicker (by subtracting seconds), this could be a worthwhile campaign. If you do continue to work on this and fix it up a bit, im sure i can have an enjoyable experience.

Level 2
It's already been several months now and the map still hasn't been updated.
Could it be because death monoroth have stopped making this map because of boringness
Well,i wonder.Such a good game.....

Level 2
OHHHHHH!!!!
KNOW I KNOW WHY HE HAVE STOPPED CREATING THIS MAP
i know A VERY LOGICAL REASON (well this is just a prediction)
Did you know that this map is using that "100 inventory slot system" which is created by someone using jass?
HA! Can he use it? so it can carry on to the next chapter?
well, i think if he just copy & paste the system without understanding the jass, he could not continue the map anymore.
But if he know, maybe he has bored creating this map.
(Hmm i am being rude here,arent'i ?)
sorry if someone get hurt of my words

Level 2
It dosnt work!!

Hey I downloaded this twice and it wont work when i go to the campaign screen it shows no mission
i am so:confused: and :angry:
someone help me plz

Level 1
is it meant to take long to start cause i started it and the screen went blank but the game was working campaign just didnt start

Level 1
why can't i play this map...

when i start the game nothing happens, the only thing that comes out is a black screen...

can i know the reason why this happens?

advance tnx =)

edited: im sory i didn't see that it was already answered sory for the wrong post..

Last edited:
Level 2
You can go to the following link to get a program that will switch your version
of warcraft 3 to a previous version to play this map:
http://www.d3scene.com/forum/warcra...-20e-1-21-1-23-1-24-b-c-d-e-1-25b-1-26-a.html
(I used 1.20e)

I Didn't like the game though---From a Wc3 perspective because I couldn't pick Gungans (I could pick the race but then moving to the circle of powers for male/female wouldn't work)--forcing me to restart (and hated how i couldn't see the races' appearances or stats until walking onto a circle of power only labeled by the circle of powers name (not even floating text) (with no (apparent) way to go back/repick))
Also there weren't enough ways to heal, only 1 single use medpack on ground otherwise just waiting. (and a single death making it end in game over)

Also the Adult Rancor is killable (particularly with mandorian)---either give it more regenenration or movement speed so it actually can't be killed and alter Star Wars lore. (And we'll just let it slide how there was a lack of alien diversity in Java's throne room)

Then the Star Wars lore was terrible with mixed messages/signs of time period.

There were clone troopers and the Jedi Temple still stood and Yoda seemed to still be alive....indicating it should take place while the Republic still stood. Yet there were "force adepts" not found until they were 20 and too old for training? That would not have happened during a time when the republic was still strong! (well possibly if they were from backwater worlds) And even if it did they would not train them to be Jedi (maybe some minor training for focusing/meditating/sensing things with/through the force). Anakin was a very exceptional case to be found and trained so late. I think if (not sure of the terminology) force sensitives? potential padawans? didn't get picked for training by a master by the age of 13 (from reading Jedi Apprentice series by Jude Watson) they were given a non-jedi job/task (perhaps diplomacy or another area where there force connection might aid them). Also Anakin was only 9--and he was quite controversial!

It wasn't until the fall of the republic (and the near-extinction of the Jedi order) that they stopped caring about age because the old system was gone and there weren't enough Jedi (not to mention that when the emperor fell they didn't have the means/people to test for force-sensitivity/catch it early--apart from parents reporting signs of it--and after years of jedi not being around (publically), jedi persecution and the only figures associated with the force being Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine a lot of views had soured).

So I think it should either set it in a later era (after the fall of the empire--or make them one of the few to escape the Empire (between episdes 3 and 4) and have them rescued by a Master (who would reguide them after amnesia or whatever--that would be a dangerous period with bouny hunters after them and maybe Darth Vader personally) rather than escaping to meet one)---or change the story so they were already Jedi (but perhaps with amnesia or something preventing/limiting their access to their force powers) or younger (although i have a hard time imagining young kids ending up in Tatooine prison in the first place--unless they were troublemakers or being sold into slavery). Or skip the lore and go for action/training. When you make it a big part of the map and it doesn't (seem to) fit into the universe I expect it ruins it.

Last edited: