• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Kodo Kapture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Kodo Kapture
The time has come again...
The kodos are migrating right into your towns territory...
Your tribe needs the kodos...
It's survival is in your hands...

Map here!

Kodo Kapture (or K2) is a minigame where you must lasoo and brand enough Kodos to win. Be on the lookout, though, for the Barrens are filled with danger! To ease your way, there is a goblin who will gladly sell you special items, all for a price ofcourse...

Items:

- Killing Noose
The killing noose is given out free by the Shady goblin, so you can kill kodos, and take their horns...

- Kodo Horns
These horns are worth a lot in certain places, so the Shady Goblin will gladly pay a hefty fee for a few...

- Strain Net
Strain nets are used in other places to hold down stranglethorn tigers, so a few straying kodos, or even other tauren, are no match for this device, keeping them immobile for ten seconds!
Every package contains two nets.

- Speed Juice
How these strengtheners are made is uknown to anyone but the manufacturers, but do the give a hell of kick for ten seconds!
One bottle holds enough luiqid for two speed boosts!

- Zzapp Trap
These special traps are designed to zap and stun closeby targets, invluding fellow rival tauren as well as kodos!
Every Pack contains two traps.

- Varix's Translocation Device
One of the most ingenius contraptions of all goblin-kind is this little hicky: Instantly taking the user from his/her position to another point close-by! The greates goblin minds are already working to enhance it's power, to set up a network of Translocation devices all around the world!
Every device of the goblin is faulty, and stops working after two uses.

- All-Weather Protection Device
The barrens is full of danger, and usually you're in grave danger even if living enemies are nowhere to be found. To battle natures wrath, as well as actual enemies, the All-Weather Protection Device is the right answer! Protecting you for ten seconds before running out of power, this tool might be the difference between life and death!
The Protection device is connected to one non reusable energy source, so it can only be used once!

Items added at V1.1

- Unending Keg of Speed Juice
This little keg is virtually impossible to empty. Actually it just taps a pocked-universe filled with the stuff, but thats just goblin talk, so the young Tauren dont have to worry about that...
The Undending Keg of Speed Juice is Undending: If you dont understand how many times you can use it, sell your computer...

- Fixed Varix's Translocation Device
Though the Goblin sais that all of the devices are faulty, there are SOME that MIGHT be working properly...ofcourse, he doesnt remeber where he put it, but a little cash might stirr his memory...
Every Fixed Varix's Translocation Device comes with a life-long guarnatee...Just make sure you last that long...

- Manipulus Device
Now this little speciality item might cost a hefty price, but it's effect is well worth the effort! By randomly breaking and manipulating parallel universes, it triggers a world event on this one... Be sure to stand away before it gets activated...

World Events:

Stampede: Kodos and their relatives, the thunder lizards, are peacful in general, but, when riled, they stampede over anything that stand in their way. When you hear a rumbling, you better run!

Sand Storm: One of the greatest dangers of the Barrens is not its inhabitants, but it's natural winds that can reach up to 200 mph speeds. Sands hurling around at this speed can be fatal!

Lighting Storm: Storms make rare but deadly apearances in the Barrens. Carrying a hundred truckloads of static electricity, when these babies strike, they strike hard...

Tornado: A tornado is created when two great winds meet. These whirwinds rip out trees, and lift grown kodos off the ground with ease...

Earthquake: One of the most common natural events in the Barrens are earhquakes, sending everything tumbling around, making footing unstable.

Migration: While kodos travel in huge groups, smaller families usually stay together. When a small group like this enters tauren territory, it means that a witty tauren can capture a small herd of kodos in a flash, for they stay together...

Plague: When something bad starts rotting, it can start an epidemic of sickness, capable of weakening and killing off whole ecosystems!

Centaur Raid: Centaurs are the hated enemies of the Tauren. Sometimes Centaurs raid Tauren Territory, loot, kill pillage and burn everything in their way, and then simply leave.

Added in V1.1

Kodo Bull: Kodo Bulls are big, blundering beasts that are fiercly territorial. If one arrives, make sure to keep away from it, unless you have enough Killing Nooses to take it down... It's horns are pretty precious though, especially to the Shady goblin...

The Four Furies
Sometimes, for their own reasons, the Elements start beatin upon the surface of the world like there's no tommorow. These spontanius outbrakes are what the shamans call "Four Furies".
1. The Fury of Earth
Giant spikes break through the hardened crust of the Barrens, impaling and hurting creatures in their path!
2. The Fury of Water
While rain is unusual in the Barrens, snowstorms and blizzards are straightright nonexistent there. That is, until the Elemental Spirit of Water gets pissed off. Then, its hard to find cover against the giant shards of Ice that fall from the sky...
3. Fury of Fire
If there's one Elemental Spirit you dont want to mess with, its Fire. As a giant volcano bursts out, covering everything in chunks of lava!
4. Fury of Air
Perhaps no other Fury is more annoying then the Fury of Air: Six tornados wreak havoc, toppling even the biggest of tauren!

Well, thats basicly it!
What do you think? :wink:

What I need the most right now are ideas, for both the World Events, and More items that the Shady Goblin could sell, but I'll be happy for any comments, ideas, reviews or whatever you might post :grin:
ps: I KNOW I wrote Kapture wrong, its intentional! ><

Attachments

• K2 Desert.jpg
    K2 Desert.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 195
  • K2 Lasoo.jpg
    K2 Lasoo.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 242
  • K2 Shop.jpg
    K2 Shop.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Level 10
The first thing I though was kodo tag too! But the disctiption (witch I read even if other people didnt) doesnt make it sound anything like a tag...

Oh, for it is not a tag ^^
It is a type of map I havent seen yet on Battle.net, but correct me if Im wrong :p. Here, you must "collect" kodos for yourself, before the others do the same. You can, instad of branding, and so marking a kodo as yours, kill it with an item sold by a goblin, to kill it, get something YOU can sell, and buy items from that... of course, while you do that, the others might gain an advantage over you...

Anyways, this is not a tag, I repeat, this is NOT a tag!

UchihaSasuk.gr: What kind of music? ^^ And what do you mean under events? world events are already implemented...

Level 10
adding a music chooser should be easy enough... I'll first add normal Wc3 musics, and then I might add imported music ^^
Btw, lots of new world events and items are in the make, stay tuned!

Level 10
Well, the music chooser slipped of the timelist, so its not in this version, buut...

But...
V1.1 is out!
3 new "long term" items, 5 new world events, and a whole new terrain, that's the handywork of Mr.Tutorial from the.helpert!

Status
Not open for further replies.