• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] Knockback on Critical Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi guys...I was trying to adapt a knockback system to 1)ark_Nİte's Enhanced Critical Strike spell...so when that critical damage happens, I also want that target to be knocked back thats all....but nite's spell is VJASS which I know nothing about (despite being a programmer)....if it would be with triggers I would've done that by myself but I guess calling a trigger function(because all knockback systems in here are triggers) in a pure Vjass code is something I can't figure out.

Its for my own personal map. If anyone can help me how to do this I'd be appreciated.

Level 24
You need 2 things:

1. The event that the Critical Hit is dealt.
2. The action of the knockback.

For both you use a custom system.

1. You need a DDS and (probably) code the critical strike instead of using the standard one. You can determine the crit chance and do everything you want probably.

2. You need a knockback system to do a knockback... duh
You can find your preferred knockback systems.
All you have to do is pick one and try it.

Level 8
I can understand where that crit damage happens when I read ark_Nİte's enhanced critical strike spell...I guess I just have to call the name of the knockback function I choose in there?...It would be enough, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.