• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knights of the Round Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, my name is Evan. Thanks you for your interest. I could really use some help with all aspects of my map. I'd be very accepting of any changes made and give credit and rep for your help.

So, the map is an RPG and it is moving in the direction of and ORPG. Boss fights include: the Black Knight on the island of Avalon who will be able to summon a purple rotating pillar of deathness that shoots bolts of lightning among other spells. The Green Knight will put some of the knights to sleep and summon a man-eating plant to devour them. The Red Knight is already pwning knights with the pillar of fire, but he will get a custom ability that will make the knights appear to be lambs for slaughter. Finally Morgan Le Fay will be able to summon all three of the colored knights to fight with her at the end of the game.

Check out my map development page to see a few of the spells I've implemented so far. I'm hoping to get some help with the terraining, so don't be too judgemental of that in the video. I still have to import many doodads to help with that. I preloaded a model effect and a couple dummies, but I'm still having a bit of trouble with those spells lagging. Dragon Breath actually didn't lag at one point, and now it is.

I have several systems that I have not implemented yet including: custom inventory, item stack/split, levitation system, cinematic system, spell engine, and camera system. I may not use all of these. I may only use one or even none, but I do plan on my map being very fun and imaginitive.

I plan on making several cutscenes with intelligent and humorous dialogue. I will accept help with this also, but I plan on getting most of my inspiration for this from research and maybe Ratchet and Clank. Seriously though, I am going to read several books about the Knights of the Round Table.

I have imported several models for the knights, retextured a few, and added team color and team glow to one. I still have to add team glow to Merlin. In the map editor the team glow I added to Lancelot appears on a different unit close by, but in game it is not a problem.

I am going to create several buildings with the help of the doodads from the Ultimate Terraining Map, and make them large enough to enter and explore. Here is a few screenshots of something I made messing around that I realized is a bit too small.

207143-albums4999-picture50349.jpeg

207143-albums4999-picture50350.jpeg

207143-albums4999-picture50351.jpeg

I have several sections in the trigger editor and one is for problems I am working on and need fixed. More information can be found on the map development page and by downloading the map.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I like the stories of King Arthur and the Knights, especially the Monty python version. PM me if you need any help (GUI triggers).

Status
Not open for further replies.