• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kitsune no Omajinai(Foxes Luckycharm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Foxes Luckycharm

So.. im making a survival'ish map the basic feats of this are listed below

-The Mana Bar indicates hunger, when it reaches zero the player will die off starvation
-There are several critters in the forest you play in killing these will give you items that restore hunger.
-Killing another Fox will result in half of your hunger being satisfied

And as you all can tell its very dull and i need ideas on how to spice it up.

heres a few screenshots.
Pic1.png

WC3ScrnShot_090708_005645_01.png

- These screenshots are a bit old tho, ive got about 30% of the terrain done now and all the triggers needed so far

Last edited:
Level 5
I would like to see some random events in this for example a king visits the land and starts a royal hunt. Or Natural disaster a Twister that ravages the land and killing trees which will regrow later on.

Also weather effects that applies a buff/debuff to you would be nice. A chilling night reduces your move and attack speed while a hot summer day increases it.

Their could also be a nearby Village. Their you could kill some humans but if you kill to much they also start to hunt you.

Did you considerate to use wood instead of mana for hunger ? This way you could still use a spells.

I wish you luck with you map.

Level 3
Spells are still useable, but im using wood for other things atm- but spells take fatigue instead ^^ and i like your ideas, i think ill use a few of em

Level 24
First of all, nice fox skin ! I suppose one win when one is the last fox of the forest? If so, then that'd be quite weird, since the fox is a pack-animal and do not hunt each other but hunt together in packs, but of course, everything is possible in the world of fantasy. Like mentioned above this map needs random events, but not "too" random since that'd make the map boring in the long run. Also, hunting critters dosen't sounds too fun, needs to be humans you can hunt too and such. Would be cool if you added some cooperative mode also, where the foxes work together and then the goal is something like kill the human Hunting Leader so that the forests will be safe once more, I really don't know. Anyways, for some examples of random events:
  • Hunters spawn and start hunting foxes, need to work together to some extent to survive.
  • Snowstorm sweepes trough the lands like a plague and many critters and such are killed, thus leaving less food.
  • Bears, lions etc. come and want to eat YOU.
Work on making this not boring and add many different aspects and different things to the map and this can turn out quite good. Good luck in the future creation of this map.

Level 3
W.I.P of the human village at the other side of the lake, hopefully this map will turn out good

Attachments

• Screeny 2.png
    Screeny 2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Level 12
So basically, this map idea is:

I'm full Japanese at heart, and also I'm a fox. I eat and do stuff. I am a fox. Licking my coat. Having fox babies. I am a fox IRL. I have a hand sewn costume. Boku wa fox. Furry daisuki. Fox things to be done, and I'm to be doing them. Hopefully with other foxes or animals like me. Time to become the fox in WC3.

I like it.

Level 3
I've actually based the fox on the japanese lore... after reading a couple of books i got quite inspired, this will hopefully also spice the map up a bit

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_091308_173610_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_091308_173610_01.png
    684.8 KB · Views: 93
  • WC3ScrnShot_091308_173844_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_091308_173844_02.png
    621 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.