• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King's Rule - 12 Player MOBA Macro/Micro - Team Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I had an idea that I'm still working the details out for. Essentially just like any moba you'll have 5v5 heroes doing battle in lanes with minions and a jungle. The 6th player on each team is the king and will not be in control of a hero unit, but instead will have control over research and development. Items/Towers/Minions/Skills, all of these will to some degree be up to the king. As he researches through tech trees and is provided assistance from his team in either resource donations, or through their completing random events throughout the map, (dragon has infested the trade route etc..) different skills will be available to the heroes, items will unlock in shops, and the appearance of towers and minions along with their attributes and abilities will all evolve. This will help to keep each game unique and even heroes who are pending a nerf or buff may excel or suffer at the hands of a king who isn't familiar with the tech trees. I'm looking for people to help me get this map up and running and to help test. I'm new to the entire editor system but it seems doable and with the community you guys have, I'm looking forward to it.

Looking for experienced editors
JASS Programmers
Resource Makers - custom models for the different armor/weapon tiers for units as they're upgraded.

Level 11
@nedio95 thanks for the tag mate.
Yeah that's kind of similar to my idea, but also pretty distant from it as well. They're too different fantasy types, mine is sci-fi while @SpoopyShade shade is sticking to fantasy. The similarity is in the base control, that there will be one king for players to control the base but other than that the maps I believe will be quite different, mine focuses a lot more on attack and defense, as well as tower building and recourses gathering like in melee.

Good luck with this, I can help you out but keep in mind that I'm extremely inactive at the moment, I barely even update my own map.

Level 12
@nedio95 thanks for the tag mate.
Yeah that's kind of similar to my idea, but also pretty distant from it as well. They're too different fantasy types, mine is sci-fi while @SpoopyShade shade is sticking to fantasy. The similarity is in the base control, that there will be one king for players to control the base but other than that the maps I believe will be quite different, mine focuses a lot more on attack and defense, as well as tower building and recourses gathering like in melee.

As I see it, the main point of @SpoopyShade s' idea is "5+1 vs 5+1" and the fantasy setting is there just because it is the most common and easiest to think of.
If we take a fantasy setting, I have a feeling that this would be more suitable for something like an RPG, with the "kings" being more like a Game Master. Two players control the forces, one "Good" and one "Evil" (or neutral & neutral or whatever & whatever) and steer the game with maybe a grand map where they have like a risk type of management of armies and provinces. And the rest of the players pick a hero and play the role of like heroes or leaders

Anyway, I've digressed enough.
@SpoopyShade if you are not stone-bound on JASS I'd be happy to join in. In the end, anything you can do in JASS you can do in GUI, anything you can do in GUI you can do in JASS. vJASS & customized scripts excluded (kind of) though...

By the way, with 1.29 you can do
"11+1 vs 11+1" OR
"5+1 VS 5+1 VS 5+1 VS 5+1" :)

...I'm extremely inactive at the moment, I barely even update my own map.

Oooooooh :(

regards
-Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.