• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chess-Micro-Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I came up with an idea and the base is still in the working stages but I have given it some good thought. I worked on a different project for the past 3 months and I was very unsatisfied with its result and want to work with some one to make a good good worth playing.

Map Goal:

The intention of the map is to be chess appearance map with micro arena built in.

How this will work:
Basics: Unlike chess all units move one block at a time. Also unlike chess moving to the block will not kill units. King must die to lose the game. I want to make it so that more then 2 players can play.

Fights: When 2 units are in the same block a micro arena will ensue. The battle won't take place just between 2 units, that would be kind of boring, instead king and queen can take part in the fight. losing unit dies, winning unit takes the block and the chess game continues(king and queen will not be lost as a result of losing a unit fight).

Extra things:
Heroes will be given the chance to get items. Taverns heroes will be allowed. army will be selected by the leading player of the team.

I would like to make this as big as 4v4. if your interested let me know on here or in a PM.

here is a basic layout, not by any means final, just to give an idea.
chessmicroarena.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.