1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Kings of Volcanoes v1.2c AI

Submitted by DoOs_101
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Kings of Volcanoes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23BA3zKGLcY

From the author:
DoOs_101 & Valkemiere

DoOs_101 and Valkemiere brings you to an era in the year 1300 AD, where the turmoil between the Javanese Kingdoms is uprising! In the end, only one Kingdom will win, who will it be? Their fate lies at your stake!

Story:

In the year 1300 AD, a small kingdom known as Majapahit had risen into a large Empire!
They defeated many other small kingdoms and united the archipelago. Their conquest was easy until they've met their true opponent. The Pajajaran kingdom, under the command of King Maharaja resisted the Majapahit rule. He waged a war with the Majapahit great army who at that time was lead by Gajah Mada the Strategist and Prime Minister.

Gajah Mada, clever he was, devised a tactic to kidnap the Pajajaran Queen, Dyah Pitaloka hoping that this would resolve King Maharaja into surrendering. However, King Maharaja's spy leaked Gajah Mada's tactic and decided that they too are going to kidnap Queen Dewi Aspara, who is the wife of the Majapahit king.

The story goes, you are an elite warrior instructed to carry out the King's mission, to kidnap the enemy Queen!

This story is not an accurate historic representation.

Gameplay
:

A mini-game where two teams, the Majapahit and Pajajaran, struggle to kidnap the Queen from each other. The first team to kidnap the enemy queen and bring her back to their camp will win the game. Kidnapping the queen will not be that easy, she is guarded by her kingsman along with enemy players! The synopsis of this game is a very unique capture the flag that will challenge you to the limit!

Enlarge your army's forces by recruiting villagers who are willing to fight. Villagers who are willing to fight for you are always wearing bandana's with your team colour, either red (Majapahit) or green (Pajajaran).

Conquer five villages in the battle terrain and convert its villagers to your side, increasing the force of your army and the likelyhood to breach the enemy defense - kidnap the Queen!

Choose a weapon of your choice out of five selections.
Weapons

Sword
[​IMG][​IMG]
Axe
[​IMG][​IMG]
Dagger
[​IMG]
Spear
[​IMG]
Bow
[​IMG]

Strengthen yourself by learning skills from skill trainers.
Skill Trainers

[​IMG]
[/HIDDEN]

[SIZE=5]
[/SIZE][SIZE=5][COLOR=YellowGreen]Changelog:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]

[/SIZE][HIDDEN="None"]
Version 1.2c:
Map title renamed to KoV.
Map preview changed.
Map loading screen changed.
Map loading screen description added.
Beginning cinematic tweaked.
Improved AI behavior.
Fixed hashtable crash bug.
Fixed AI leak.
Fixed bug on weapon skill, Gho Kill having to disrupt the capturing of the Queen.
Added new spear skill, Wild Spikes.
[/HIDDEN]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]
[COLOR=Red]A JadeWars production, visit [URL="http://www.jade-wars.com"]www.jade-wars.com[/URL]. Credits inside the map.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]This map requires Wc3 version 1.24b![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[b]Keywords:[/b]
Village, Villager, Medieval, Fighting, Queen, Kidnap, Indonesia, Kampoeng, Weapons, CTF, Capture the Flag, Indonesia.
Contents

Kings of Volcanoes v1.2c AI (Map)

Reviews
19:49, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 19:49, 3rd Aug 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    hm looks good
    ill give it a try in singleplayer

3. Shion_Uzuki

Shion_Uzuki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice map indeed, with nice terrain and gameplay, but more items are needed :D

4. Shion_Uzuki

Shion_Uzuki

Resources:
    Resources:
    -dp-

Im sorry please delete this

Thank.

5. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol I just hope it is appropriate and not too alien to you guys because its based on the Indonesian culture.

6. cowboyha

cowboyha

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great, It finally have eng version.I'll try it soon:wink::mwahaha:

7. valkemiere

valkemiere

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice.. I dont knw if you translate this, i'm sure ppl will like this, coz this different style from usual map. Which each team must defend various village, and kidnapped the queen, I love your terrain, its really good.

8. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Took me 8 hours to translate the whole thing, since everything is in JASS, an update on both indo and eng versions won't be that hard, unless you're updating objects :cry:.

9. Shion_Uzuki

Shion_Uzuki

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    +Rep for you for translating such a great map.:thumbs_up:

The translation was great, but you missed the Weapon Abilities tooltip, and also "clever" was misspelled and became "cleaver" ( a weapon? ) up there in the map description.

-About the map:
    The map theme is original and very well-describe the atmosphere of a Asian tropical country ( I say this as a citizen of a similar country:cool:.) and the background music fit perfectly to that theme.

The gametype is brilliant, it is a new kind of the good old Capture The Flag, and done beautifully. Terrain is also good due to its quality and playability ( only one thing, those moving trees is really weird, but it looks really fun:grin: ). The combat system is pretty good and fit the gameplay, also lag-free even with the abilities that come with it. I haven't found a bug yet. The AI was good enough for playtest and singleplaying.

I would highly recommended this map.:thumbs_up:

Edit: My friend and I kind of addicted to the way we owned Pyritie, Vexorian, General Frank and even Obama, Bush. Hurt our stomach laughing =))

11. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, thanks, I fixed the description. However, I'm not sure which weapon abilities tooltip you're referring to, but I will go check. EDIT* Did you mean, "Jurus" in every ability? I didn't translate those, because I felt like it gave the map an Asian impression. Lol "jurus" means knowledge of a skill.

:mwahaha:, I hope those people will not bring a tyrant to hunt me down :spell_breaker:

12. cowboyha

cowboyha

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, like my friend Zenerik said above, this map is awesome:grin:.Btw, can you add hotkey to catch villages? And I think it maybe a good idea if you can make the Queen slowly return to the base to increase the difficult .:wink:

13. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, Jurus is fine. I am referring to the abilities you acquire when you buy a scroll. If I remember correctly, there is a Spear-type ability ( Fire Spear probably ) which is not translated yet.

Edit: Yes, it's Spear Fire.

Edit#2: Found another. It's Fish Net.

Edit#3: And I thought both are Queens, not one Queen, one Princess as the story up there said?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  14. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, I will fix the three points you made, also will add a hotkey to the recruit ability.

However I'm facing a major problem and its patch 1.24, my jngp doesn't work properly after 1.24, we'll have to wait for a new patch update.

The queen returns if a defender gets close to her. It's like, the system counts how many warriors from each team are nearby the queen. If the warriors from the defending team are more than the Queen will run back, else the queen will be bounded to the kidnappers.

15. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds good, testing.

EDIT: I tried to host it, but it says that map was not found... Trying in singleplayer.

EDIT2: Meh, doesn't work so i won't rate it.

16. Kallimachos

Kallimachos

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    robbing the enemy's babe?
    this looks pretty funny
    btw whats the promo vid song name?

17. Shion_Uzuki

Shion_Uzuki

Resources:
    Resources:
    What patch do you use? If it's 1.24, this map still has problem with that :(

Its an traditional Indonesian song, arranged into house music. Its called Cing Cang Keling.

http://www.imeem.com/people/NH_7oCz/music/IXy7Zm7x/dj-stevanus-cing-cang-keling/

18. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The map is now updated to work with Warcraft III patch 1.24.

It has not come through a full bug test, so if you found any bugs please report here and I will give you rep.

Major chunk of code revised, CSCache application replaced with the new hashtable natives. These natives are new and can have unpredictable behavior, I hope it won't cause any bugs.

The Indonesian version of the map that can be downloaded at www.jade-wars.com/?download will be preserved for private server needs, most private servers are waiting for a new DotA release before they update to patch 1.24.

19. Shion_Uzuki

Shion_Uzuki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice update, but need more items, spells and armors :D