• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdoms and Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
these are 2 maps i am thinking about doing, but if I don't get enough feedback, I don't think I'll do them

Kingdoms, is a 1-4 player game that involves running your entire kingdom from your town hall, you do not order your units from your units, heres a basic description,

-No unit control
-select buildings you want constructed
-set alignment (Peaceful, Warrior) through your actions
-select units you wish to train
-3 races(Human, Orc, Night elf)
-visitors to your kingdom
-make battle plans through your hall

that's the basic of a kingdom style game, if people want one, i'll make one

Worlds, this game is slightly more on the creative side, instead of building and maintaining a kingdom, you cooperatively build a world with up to 4 players, however, the fourth player is a destroyer, who attempts to destroy the creation, heres a list of features

-1-4 players
-single player compatible
-create a world using life, terrain, and vegetation
-destroy a world as the fourth player
-Creator's ultimate goal: create intelligent life, and protect it for 20 minutes
-destroyer's ultimate goal: destroy Intelligent life through calling dark creatures into the world(if no one is Destroyer, it has an AI)
-destroyer can call forces before Intelligent life starts, burn trees, and Level ground
-destroyer cant call forces within a radius of other players, but can send them there

thats both of them, again I won't even start these maps unless i get enough feedback on them(don't want to do all that work for nothing)

Level 10
these are 2 maps i am thinking about doing, but if I don't get enough feedback, I don't think I'll do them

Starting your project thread with that already reduces your chance of getting any interest.

From the thread, kingdom doesn't sound like a very involving game for the player... sounds like what little you can do is just done by clicking on icons in structures. Basically like sim city minus any fun.

Worlds sounds a bit better, the concept is decent and could be fun depending on how it is implemented.

In all honesty though if you rely on feedback for motivation then you're not going to be making any maps. The feedback comes when you actually have something to present... to just post a rough idea and expect people to tell you it's awesome and that you totally should make it is not going to happen. Make a map because you want to make it, or just don't bother making any maps at all.

Level 2
In kingdoms I might make it so that you can control troops, I am basing it off a game called Stronghold, I thought it was fun for awhile, but i don't like the style of it, so i am sort of redoing it in warcraft, with warcraft style story. i'm going to start in on kingdoms, if you think that I could do something to make the game better, i'll see what i can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.