• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King Terenas Menethil II Remake

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
King Terenas is the very first model I made and uploaded to hive. after years I decide to update him with a more accurate armor.
Contents

King Terenas (Model)

King Terenas Portrait (Model)

King Terenas Menethil II Remake Icon (Icon)

The model is good, there are no unnecessary animations. Everything is generally fine.
I was thinking to keep these animations since someone could use this lore character for cutscenes, like victory animation.

Great . I suggest change his dreadlord skin color to human skin color

Its awesome idea anyways, good model
Yes the dark skin is due to some texture layer problem, I’ve figure them out, there will be update as soon as I fix this broken and bloody crown.

Level 7
You showed off with this model! we will use it for a video of Arthas vs Uther, we will give you credits of course thank you for creating this model

You know, looking back at the cinematic, unless it's the way the lighting and shadows being cast are angled funny, I always saw that Arthas stabbed his own father through the throat, not the heart.
Then again, if you look closely at the cinematic, you do see Terenas' head being jerked back when Arthas kicked his father off Frostmourne.
Someone should Re-Reforge the Cinematics, so we could see better.

You know, looking back at the cinematic, unless it's the way the lighting and shadows being cast are angled funny, I always saw that Arthas stabbed his own father through the throat, not the heart.
Then again, if you look closely at the cinematic, you do see Terenas' head being jerked back when Arthas kicked his father off Frostmourne.
Someone should Re-Reforge the Cinematics, so we could see better.
Haha, yes, I was trying to make a meme, couldn’t make model animations the same as cinematics though. Re-reforging CG won’t be cheap, but it really should be done by Blizzard like Diablo2. But if you are referring to real time in game cutscenes, I recommend @Warglaive91 ’s stream.

Level 1
(Don't worry about my name, its getting changed to the proper one).
Unless its a problem with my download, all the texture files are set to .dds, when they need to be .blp.
EDIT:
You should rename the Icon files themselves as well, as they are currently called "-1".

(Don't worry about my name, its getting changed to the proper one).
Unless its a problem with my download, all the texture files are set to .dds, when they need to be .blp.
EDIT:
You should rename the Icon files themselves as well, as they are currently called "-1".
Since reforged HD models need multiple dds layers to work in game, they no longer use blp files as texture, except partical effects I think.

Level 1
Ahh, buts that how the icons are set as well.
EDIT:
Idk how to use the quote system, sry.
EDIT 2:
Sorry for my ignorance dude, I just figured it out, with manually copying it and stuff. Nonetheless, the icons are simply referred to as "BTN-1", but of course I can change it in the thing as well.

Last edited:
Ahh, buts that how the icons are set as well.
EDIT:
Idk how to use the quote system, sry.
EDIT 2:
Sorry for my ignorance dude, I just figured it out, with manually copying it and stuff. Nonetheless, the icons are simply referred to as "BTN-1", but of course I can change it in the thing as well.
Oh, Sorry for late reply, the icon set was auto-generated by Hive, I only uploaded a png file as the site instructed, I didn’t download them and check though.
As for the issue that icons are also in dds format, I think it’s because HD map developer may find that easier if all image files can be found in one file catalogue, but it’s just my own opinion, I never tried making SD models so really don’t know what to do with blp files.

Level 1
Oh, Sorry for late reply, the icon set was auto-generated by Hive, I only uploaded a png file as the site instructed, I didn’t download them and check though.
As for the issue that icons are also in dds format, I think it’s because HD map developer may find that easier if all image files can be found in one file catalogue, but it’s just my own opinion, I never tried making SD models so really don’t know what to do with blp files.
That's fine, we've all got things to do sometimes. Since I know because I'm trying to make a map right now in HD (I prefer it over SD?), I was initially confused. In regards to the difference, .dds Icons are relatively small (42 (units?!?, the map editor doesn't say what its measurement is?!?)), but retain their HD quality, whereas turning it into a small-sized BLP requires a bunch of compression and a converter, which makes what was an HD icon originally much blurrier. Them being .dds icons is fine, it just makes using them in the editor slightly more difficult because only BLP show up in the selection list, gotta type .dds route manually.

Level 18
Hello there.

Some of the files are named by such generic naming convention that they conflict with files from other models (which also have generic naming convention).

I can't import this model into my map since "maindiffuse", "mainnormal" and "weapondiffuse" are also custom files for other models.

It would be great if they could be named after the model itself, for example "terenasmaindiffuse" and "terenasmainnormal" or anything else that will differentiate it from other models.

Thanks in advance if you take the time to make this change, I would love to be using this model but as of right now I can't :(

Level 13
I can't import this model into my map since "maindiffuse", "mainnormal" and "weapondiffuse" are also custom files for other models.

It would be great if they could be named after the model itself, for example "terenasmaindiffuse" and "terenasmainnormal" or anything else that will differentiate it from other models.
There's an handy little tool hosted on this site called Mdx Pather that can be used to change a model's texture paths/names it uses, I have never tried using it on any Reforged model so it might not work but if it does you'd be free to change the textures to any name you'd like so I think it's at least worth a try.

Last edited:
Hello there.

Some of the files are named by such generic naming convention that they conflict with files from other models (which also have generic naming convention).

Thanks in advance if you take the time to make this change, I would love to be using this model but as of right now I can't :(
This is actually super important, models must have non-generic texture names for this same reason. @vindorei please, fix this with your model(s) please.

perhaps I should do it like Wildone and name my models as ModelNameReforgedArdenaso
nah, realistically you wouldn't have 2 models named the same way in a single file, unless people are very very unoriginal. Naming a texture Therenas_diffuse is enough. Naming it king_diffuse would be a bit worse, of course, like mage, murloc, troll...

nah, realistically you wouldn't have 2 models named the same way in a single file, unless people are very very unoriginal. Naming a texture Therenas_diffuse is enough. Naming it king_diffuse would be a bit worse, of course, like mage, murloc, troll...
Thanks a lot dear sir!
Thanks for mention this, I am currently very busy on scholarship application this month, will do when I finish this.

AON

AON

Level 2
You did a great job. As a war3 fan, thank you very much. I have a question for you. I import this model into 3D Max, but it is not complete. What's the problem?
微信图片_20220308111118.png
微信图片_20220308111213.png

Can you provide a complete FBX file download?Tkank you very much:grin:

Hello there.

when it say's i already have a surten file. do to having that for anoder model. it useal means they can share those file use.... meaning you mostly can just skip those one's... it's worked just fine for me, then again, ive only expirianced that with files from model's i download, wich has file share from other model's from SAME creator...