• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kill Count Scoreboard With Usable Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am making my version of Age of Mythology (AOM) for WC3. In AOM there is a resource called favor. You get favor by several means, but I am only concerned with attaining it through killing enemy units. Favor is used to train myth units which are powerful units. Since WC3 only has lumber and wood I would like to add this third resource if I could.

I want to make a scoreboard that records player kills and I want this kill score to be used to purchase myth units. For example: a Minotaur costs 10 favor to train. I kill 10 enemy units. Each kill adds to my kill count on the scoreboard. When I have 10 points, I train the Minotaur and spend all 10 points.

If this is possible please let me know. Thank you!!! :ogre_datass::thumbs_up:

Level 10
This is a really cool system Deathismyfriend, but its not exactly what i need for my map. I just want a system that counts kills and i want the kill count to be used like a resource. I could do the mana system like LordDz said but the issue with that is that myth units are trained at a structure and if you have multiple structures than you will be able to produce more myth units than if you had one. This is because a kill would give mana to all of the Temples (the myth unit training structure) that a player owns, so the more the better. Can anyone provide me with such a system? I am not particularly good with triggers which is why i am asking. I am just decent.

Level 29
All you need is an integer array. Some temp variables. And one trigger for this then. (to count kills)

For the trigger use the general event player unit dies.
For the actions do this.

Set tempPlayerId = Number of Triggering player.
Set KillCounter[ tempPlayerId] = (KillCounter[ tempPlayerId] + 1)
// The above will count kills for every player.

To use them in a multiboard use the array
So KillCounter[ 1] is player 1 red.
KillCounter[ 2] is player 2 blue. And so on.

Also please do not double post it is against the rules.
Instead hit the edit button on your last post to add new info / questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.