• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make scoreboard with resocures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys. It's my first thread on this forum. I have a little problem. I' going to make scoreboard with RESOCURES but i find only threads where is shown how to make board with kills. Any help is appreciated. Please help.

Level 5
Like this?
3c25fe73d49a4dae9f2b41ba9f75e3b0.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
WC3 only supports 4 types of board as far as I remember.
  • Timer Dialog. Used to show a countdown timer.
  • Leaderboard. Used to show a list of players with a single score value next to them.
  • Multiboard. Used to show a more customizable spreadsheet like display.
  • Shared Resources. In-build dialog shown when full shared unit control is given between players. Seems mechanically based on Multiboard as they do not appear to overlap.
Unlike in StarCraft II where leaderboard mechanics come with a configurable column number, the single column of WC3 limits the usability of leaderboard to the most simple of gameplays which only need to display a single score metric for each player and automatically sort based on that. As such Multiboards are mostly used, with custom written sorting algorithms to display more complex scores or data to the user. For example DotA Allstars uses a Multiboard.

For multiboards with large column and row dimensions it is recommended to avoid GUI. All GUI multiboard actions have complexity which scales with mutliboard size so they become very slow for very large multiboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.