• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

key-button attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
this is what i have so far... but it dosent work.

Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
(Ability being cast) Equal to Machine Gun
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack Ground ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (0.00, 150.00))

how do i get it to actually do damage to units? do i increase the 150? or what.. thanks in advance.

Level 6
Attack ground? does the skill have a splash damage? If the skill doesnt have a splash damage, attack ground command it useless. Hope that helps.
-Blue

Level 6
Well what did u base your skill off of? Easiest way would be to base the skill off of shockwave because shockwave will attack anything in its path. Good Luck
-Blue

Level 6
Now I'm seriously confused. What exactly is the spell supposed to do? avatar doesnt deal any damage, it just gives the unit bonus attributes. If you want to damage the things in the path, do the shockwave modificaiton. Good Luck
-Blue

Level 7
spdr said:
this is what i have so far... but it dosent work.

Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
(Ability being cast) Equal to Machine Gun
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack Ground ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (0.00, 150.00))

how do i get it to actually do damage to units? do i increase the 150? or what.. thanks in advance.

afaik avatar isn't a channeling ability, so that won't catch the event
the (triggering unit) needs an artillery attack in the first place to be able to attack ground
offset by 0, 150 means X of unit + 0, Y of unit + 150, so it will always attack 150 'points' above the unit
also if the unit did have an artillery attack, what stops the player from just pressing G and clicking to fire

Status
Not open for further replies.