• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Keiji's Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Let me just kick off by saying wow, bravo, cudos, and all the other hip words of praise! Well done Ralle, Archian and Mythic, I am overall very impressed :) I like the new look, the forum seems easy to navigate, and I don't even think I mind that much that you're removing the reputation system, yeah, I know, who'd have thought? Anyway, let's give this post, or thread, a bit more structure:

Praise

- I love the design, the navigation and the general feel of the forum.
- It's amazing to see the search bar is back, I didn't even know I'd missed it as much as I had until I could easily search for whatever I wanted.
- I really like that you can costumize the medals, and that only four is visible under your profile picture is definetly enough, it looks way cleaner that way.
- To be continued!

Concerns

- Why did you make an entire forum for feedback? Wouldn't a simple thread suffice?
- The navigation bar seems very cluttered, I do like the use of big icons to easily move from forum to models to maps and back again, but but crammed together with the off-site navigation icons, the user-panel icon, the notifications icon and the streams and all that shizzle on the other side it really looks cluttered. I don't know if it'd help to make the forum navigation icons a bit smaller, or just space everything out more, but right now it looks very messy.
- I'm not entirely certain about the removal of the reputation system, it's kind of the hive's legacy, something that makes the hive unique, and I certainly don't approve of the reasoning "because everything else is done in reactions and likes", why should we strive to be like everyone else? Why shouldn't the hive have a unique system? That said, this new experience system seems like a clever and interesting compromize, so I am willing to give it a chance.
- To be continued!

Disapproval

-
User titles! Bring them back. I mean, I can see that they're there, they're just still not visible under the user-name on posts.
- To be continued!

Status
Not open for further replies.