• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Keeping track of a group bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I have weird bug on my map. I'm saving a group of unit but after around 2 minutes, the group dissapears and I cannot save it again. I did some test, and all the group units "Essences" are gone. I put the problematic triggers online and the map that creates the issue. I don't use these groups elsewhere in the map. They are specific. In the map, the file is in "Fuel Use". I really dont know what I'm doing wrong

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 19
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Empire Earth V.1.771.w3x
    30.1 MB · Views: 25
Level 39
  • Why is there a Wait 0.10 in the move trigger?
  • There's also a group leak in that trigger: Units owned by Player(Integer A) matching...
  • There used to be a problem with having an empty then block and a non-empty else block for if statements. I would try inverting these checks in add group.
  • I checked the Object Manager and those variables are only used in the triggers you posted here, though that wouldn't catch the group being destroyed in a custom script.

• I tried playing the map briefly and found other unexpected behavior: after building a bomber my oil started to decrease even when the bomber was not moving and then at a certain point it simply stopped consuming oil entirely (even for new planes). This was about 2 minutes in. What triggers in the map run at 2 minutes in?

• Why is there a Wait 0.10 in the move trigger?
  • There's also a group leak in that trigger: Units owned by Player(Integer A) matching...
  • There used to be a problem with having an empty then block and a non-empty else block for if statements. I would try inverting these checks in add group.
  • I checked the Object Manager and those variables are only used in the triggers you posted here, though that wouldn't catch the group being destroyed in a custom script.

• I tried playing the map briefly and found other unexpected behavior: after building a bomber my oil started to decrease even when the bomber was not moving and then at a certain point it simply stopped consuming oil entirely (even for new planes). This was about 2 minutes in. What triggers in the map run at 2 minutes in?

-The wait is for no particular reason. I used it thinking it was maybe the cause of the bug.
-Having the group in this form leak ? How should I do the group ?
-I would need not to include the add group ability ?
-You have understood my issue. After 2 minutes, the trigger stops to work at all. Even for new units. I have no triggers that runs after 2 minutes in particular. It seems the oil group doesnt want to work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.