• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Keep Units Moving (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello there everyone, I'm looking for some help regarding a trigger. What i'm trying to do is to keep units moving, when there not moving.. Another way to describe this is..

When a unit stops moving, wait several secconds then order him to move to random point in playable area.

Below is what i was working on but i can't get it to work saddly.

• Keep Units Moving
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(stop))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ranger - |cffffcc00Level 1|r Level 1
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ranger - |cffffcc00Level 2|r Level 2
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ranger - |cffffcc00Level 3|r Level 3
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Warrior - |cffffcc00Level 1|r Level 1
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Warrior - |cffffcc00Level 2|r Level 2
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Warrior - |cffffcc00Level 3|r Level 3
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Knight - |cffffcc00Level 1|r Level 1
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Knight - |cffffcc00Level 2|r Level 2
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Knight - |cffffcc00Level 3|r Level 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Random point in (Playable map area))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Level 7
You need an event...
And get rid of "Do Nothing", it's useless.
You could jsut give the units the ability "Wander", then they'd wander around at will, randomly...

Well you see, The problem is i can't think of an event to trigger it.

As for wander, that would make the map un-playable.

I need help with getting the trigger to work as in finding a way to get the event started so i could have my 'Units' attack move randomly on the map.

Level 7
"Time - Every 5 seconds of gameplay" or something..? Would that suit your needs?

No, Because then it wouldn't work with the Condition

• Conditions
    • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(stop))
If you can think of another way for it to work?

how about

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(stop))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack-Move To (Random point in (Playable map area))

I don't think that will work, (But i will try it). Because the unit to be issued a order the (Player) would have to issue the order, The player has no controll of the units, that is why the trigger is needed.

Maybe this'll work:
  • Keep Them Moving
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Ranger) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Current movement speed of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to 10.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Set temp_loc = (Random point in (Playable map area))
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To temp_loc
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_loc)
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Warrior) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Knight) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Level 7
Maybe this'll work:
  • Keep Them Moving
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Ranger) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Warrior) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Knight) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions

That would work if--

That would make every unit of unit type to all move to the same location, the point of the generic Trigger was so that every unit moved to different locations.

Thanks for trying though.

Level 7
it does go to different points:
Pick every unit in blahblah is a loop, so for every unit, it sets a new point, and so they will all get to different points

Hmm, Didn't notice that.
Thanks for the help, I'm going to mess around with it. Any more suggestions would be greatfull.

One question, how did you Set Loc=((RandomPoint))
I can set loc to several options, none being RandomPoint in Playable Map

Status
Not open for further replies.