• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Just throwing this out there ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I've looked through a lot of the models on THW and most of them come equipped with gear ; ). It'd be nice to have monsters that were entirely gearless (just attach gear to them). That's how it was originally on EQ as well : ).

Just seeing items that will automatically fit on any thing (small, medium, and large sizes) unless that thing is like super special (like a major boss) would be nice methinks. Also, seeing items like bears and hair and so on (for customization of chars) would be nice ^_-.

Using things in this way will ensure that we don't have 50 models for 50 variations, rather 1 model with 50 items for !50 variations ;o.

Anyways, the specific model I'm looking for are human characters (male and female) that has left hand, right hand, double hand, duo hand, ranged, and spell attacks. Head should be from an item (make char headless), arms should be from items, legs should be from items, and etc. Really, just looking for a character that's made entirely of items.

I'm looking for 6 skeletons for these items (3 quad leg and 3 duo leg, small, medium, and large) and well, items covering-

top of head
face
left eye
right eye
nose
mouth
left ear
right ear
head

left arm
right arm
left hand
right hand
left leg
right leg
left foot
right foot

torso
waste
chest

I realize this is a lot of work, but this design would allow a lot to be done ^_-. Hell, if even the regular wc3 models were split up like this, just imagine what could be done o_O.

Skeletons, I think, would be about selecting animations. For example, you may want a footmen animation or you may want a zombie's animation.

Anyways, like I said, I'm primarily just looking for the human male/female with just one variation on each part : |. I don't know if I'll ever get to actually using them, but I'm sure other people will. Chalk my request up as an idea for the community =).

Level 22
I think what was nice to do in war3 generally was make a generic good looking human without equipment and base all attachments ever made and uploaded for him instead of doing so for the silly villagers. So creating generic models isnt a bad idea. You could equip them with medieval weapons and guns for futuristic maps.

Zwiebelchen had an idea like that for sc2

He wants many models, not attachment points. He wants an 'empty' model with bones that are animated, so when you attach another model, it 'becomes' his body.
I think I understand what you are thinking: he wants a eye,left and eye,right etc. attachment point. He wants the models that fit there, not the points for the models.

Level 12
This will only need attachment point for eye's and such, if when it get a head attached the eye's attachment will be move further away or closer to the head, so the eye can fit with the attached head. But that is impossible I think. Therefor it is not needed to have more than 1 for head attachments !

Status
Not open for further replies.