• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how would I edit a map where the Starting locations just have Altars, and the A.I.'s use only heroes? Kinda like an RPG but it's just tweeking a reguler map.

Also, like in DotA, where you can only pick one Hero from the Altar.

What I'm goin for here is a kinda fight of Warcraft characters, but only Heroes.
Get what Im sayin?

Level 15
There's probably an easier way to do the starting locations but this will work:

• Create Starting Altars
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Race of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to Human
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 Altar of Kings for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Race of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to Orc
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 Altar of Storms for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Race of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to Undead
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Create 1 Altar of Darkness for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Race of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to Night Elf
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Create 1 Altar of Elders for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
                            • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Also remove this from the startup sequence:
  • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)

For the 1 hero limit how you would do this really depends on if and how your going to revive the heroes. Remove the altars after a player trains a hero should work:

• Remove Altar
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

Level 4
I see... but the only problem is removing the Altar, cuz, like Raven0 said, you wouldn't be able to revive them. Would Techtree requirements work? You know, when you summon one Hero in a regular game you have to upgrade your main structure before training another one. Could you make it to where the Techtree requirements restrict the production of another Hero completely?

Also, how do you get a custom A.I. to work on your map? When you save it does the A.I automatically process the info on the custom A.I., or do you somehow have to attach the A.I. to the map?

Edit: And, anyways, wouldn't the regular Techtree requirements work? Because thay require an upgraded main structure to produce one and since you wouldn't be able to produce that structure, that could be the restriction, right?

Level 29
dude, remove the Techtree Tier requirements in the object editor so that you can build heroes without upgrading the structures...

also in structures, there is something called "Revive Dead Heroes" set it to true, for example you have a Town Hall, so set it to true then you can
revive your hero there...

regarding AI, I know how to edit it, I can show you but give me instruction
on how you want it to be...coz you have to trigger the AI via...

• AI - Start melee AI script for Player 1 (Red): YOUR AI.ai

Level 4
All I want for the A.I. is their priorities to be set, for all computer players, to be where they choose a Hero (equal percentage of chance that each Hero's chosen), go and creep, and to kill opposing Heroes. I'm thinking of Setting the Goal to; each Hero has a limited no. of Lives, maybe ten, but I also need to know how to set the no. of Lives. You have to completely eliminate the opposing team's Heroes to win the game. the gold mines that aren't used will be probably Fountains or Item Shops. I'll add more creeps and the level cap probably will be, i dunno, 20 I guess. 80 seems a bit too high.

The problem with the A.I. is, I've gotten it to where the starting locations only spawn an Altar, but the A.I.'s won't choose a Hero! So if you could set that up for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, also, like in DotA, I want to set it where each player gradually gains gold, like 10 gold per second, maybe. And I want to set each kill to gain gold bounty, like DotA.

Y\Thnx for bein' patient, by the way. I'm new to this and any help is greatly appreciated.

Level 4
ok, I copied Raven0's trigger exactley, but the problems NOW are;

1.The opponent (computer mind you) has no Altar at the beggining.
2.I claim automatic victory.
3.I'm revealed since I don't have a Main Structure.

I need help fixing these pleez.

Level 29
k, sry. im bad at that.

on another topic if u have any ideas for spells Tirion Fordring would use, please share, he's on the map.

Here's the map, its an arena AI fight...you can edit what you want but you must follow all patern settings...including gold for the computer, otherwise they cannot produce heroes...

The AI will create 3 Heroes and will be fighting to each other with creeps in the center...

I have spell Ideas like lightning cloud, Fireball, Poison Gas, Mass Sleep, etc...but I really dont play Wow, so I dont know the spells for Tirion Fordring...

Last edited:
Level 12
Tirion goes Super Saiyan during the LK fight, pimp smacks Frostmourne out of Arthas' hands and shatters it after Arthas uses Fury of Frostmourne on the whole raid.

Just about the only ability he uses. Lol.

Bolvar is 10 times better than Fordring. Fordring's just the wielder of Ashbringer.

Level 4
Well a few things.

One, gold wasn't produced; I downloaded the map and moved it into the map section of the Warcraft 3 folder, then played it, but no gold.

Second, and forgive me if I screwed this up. I copied the imported A.I. scripts and basically copied Raven0's above trigger except that instead of creating an Altar it runs the A.I. script (imported) for that race. The only problem is WHEN I FRIGGIN' TRIED TO PLAY THE MAP, IT GAVE ME A FATAL ERROR HALF-WAY THROUGH LOADING IT!! So I was kicked out of Frozen Throne, and tried again, but the same thing happened.

Oh, and quick question, can you edit STARTING LOCATIONS? Cuz if you can it would make this a lot easier!

Level 29
Well a few things.

One, gold wasn't produced; I downloaded the map and moved it into the map section of the Warcraft 3 folder, then played it, but no gold.

coz I didnt create any gold, just the AI, you can put a cheat greedisgood 50000 then it will work, otherwise you will trigger the gold production, can you do triggering the gold or I will do it?

Second, and forgive me if I screwed this up. I copied the imported A.I. scripts and basically copied Raven0's above trigger except that instead of creating an Altar it runs the A.I. script (imported) for that race. The only problem is WHEN I FRIGGIN' TRIED TO PLAY THE MAP, IT GAVE ME A FATAL ERROR HALF-WAY THROUGH LOADING IT!! So I was kicked out of Frozen Throne, and tried again, but the same thing happened.

So, I don't know what the frik I'm supposed to do; I almost got this right at the tip of my hands, and then I lose it again.

No need to copy the AI Scripts coz its already imported...Raven0's suggestion is to setup for start of an altar & race, mine is AI...

The AI script that I created always runs coz it has O time elapse...

Level 4
Well, first, I can make a gold trigger; that works fine now. The only problems now is to get your imported A.I. to work for every player on the map, not just Player One, Player Two. And the problem of me automatically winning is coming back up. I think the trigger doesn't respond in time and the Altars aren't producing. If I could edit the Starting Locations themselves I could get it to work by setting the Altars to spawn instead of the Main Structures.

I had the suggestion of attaching the map and y'all working on the triggers yourselves, but I wouldn't learn anything that way and it would be a waist of all of you good people's time. I hate to impose like this but this problem's getting to the point of pure, concentrated madness!!

Level 12
Upload the map. Have someone fix it, and then if you wish, you can ask them what they did, and then browse over it yourself to get a better understanding.

That's how I've learned.

Level 29
dude yo set the AI wrong, I told you to "follow all patern settings"...but you put "AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\Human AI.ai" in map initialization, in which it cannot run from there...

it should be like this...

or Better...

• AI
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to Computer
              • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Human
        • Then - Actions
          • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\Human AI.ai
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Orc
            • Then - Actions
              • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\Orc AI.ai
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                    • Conditions
                      • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Night Elf
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                        • Conditions
                          • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Undead
                    • Then - Actions
                      • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\Undead AI.ai
                    • Else - Actions

REMOVE ALL THIS...

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, I did what you said, but the creeps spawned at my starting location, the Computer STILL didn't spawn with an Altar, and I didn't claim an automatic victory when my opponent had no buildings.

Level 29
Well, I did what you said, but the creeps spawned at my starting location, the Computer STILL didn't spawn with an Altar, and I didn't claim an automatic victory when my opponent had no buildings.

yeah but you didnt follow the time elapsed coz it wont run under map initializarion and you didnt remove the "Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)" coz it will conflict the new script...

and "Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)" this will be OK...

I've edited the map trigger, if you want you can start from there or reject it...also, Wow models is againts the rule here so I suggest you remove it...

Last edited:
Level 37
@mckill2009:

The P2 trigger could be like this, no need to check the controller so many times :)

• AI
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Human
            • Then - Actions
              • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\Human AI.ai
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Orc
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Night Elf
                    • Then - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Undead
                        • Then - Actions
                          • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\Undead AI.ai
                        • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Level 4
So, should I try yours Maker? And did you all see the problems when you tested out the map?

The other problem is, what if I want to go up against more than one A.I., or team up with A.I.s against A.I.s? I would need triggers for all the players, wouldn't I?

Level 29
So, should I try yours Maker? And did you all see the problems when you tested out the map?

The other problem is, what if I want to go up against more than one A.I., or team up with A.I.s against A.I.s? I would need triggers for all the players, wouldn't I?

Me & Maker's trigger are similar, he's route is shorter so I you should follow his explanation on "no need to check the controller so many times"...but its similar as mine...

If you want to team up with AI, you should go to the player properties >>> Forces and add force to it...

Level 4
Well... better get started. Ill be back in 24 hours with the details :)

K, so i'm remade Maker's Trigger for Players 2-12. Was easier than I thought, Tryin' it out now.

K, i've fixed everything EXCEPT for one thing. What I did is put the Mellee Action on the Initialization Trigger to put starting units. The Necropolis produces heroes but it ALSO produces 3 Acolytes and a ghoul as Starting units.

I made the Necropolis the Hero producing structure because with Raven0's trigger, the Altar's for the Computers weren't produced for some Odd, God-Awful reason.

So, if you can fix Raven0's trigger to where the Altars are produced, or tell me how to set up which units are starting units, the map will be complete...
...hopefully.

Last edited:
Level 29
After this...

• Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
Create something like this...

• Unit - Pick every unit in playable map area of matching type(peon-type) and do actions
    • Unit - remove picked unit from the game
  • Unit - Pick every unit of type (GHOUL)
    • Unit - remove picked unit from the game
This ensures that all peasants, acolytes, peons, wisps and ghoul be removed from the game

Level 4
Ok, i've got everything good...

...except the A.i.'s go directly for the enemy Main Halls. I would like it to where they kill creeps until level 5, THEN go after their enemies, and if they meet each other on the way they fight each other.

Also, is there a way to make the EXP progression faster?

One more thing, the Races choose the same Heroes each time; my Undead allies always pick the Lich King, Crypt Lord, or Dreadlord. They never pick the Lich, which I kinda want them to do.

And the Humans are only choosing the Archmage!!! GAAAAHH!! That's really annoying!! Paladin's kinda the main target here!!

Yeh, but these are the last problems and ill be fine... if anybody will respond!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.