• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just call me Js

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
HI my name is Js (couldnt put that cause needs to be at least 3 letters long)

Got nothing to say about myelf except im trying to make my own maps(who in this forum doesnt?). Trying to get the hang of using GUI first before going to more advanced stuff.

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings Just call me Js. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 12
Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Yeah some of those are where i first started looking but the rules are to boring to read so i just ignored them, its working fine for me but just make sure you dont break one!:con:

Level 31
Howdy Js ^_-... a lot of people always say that GUI and JASS are about equal as far as learning them. It's easier to learn the first thing =). For people who learn JASS first, GUI is generally harder to learn. For people who learn GUI first, JASS is generally harder.

You might want to look into JASS first. A lot of people who begin to get to the point where they want to learn JASS regret learning GUI first =). If you don't think you're ever going to get extremely serious, stick with GUI ^_^.

Good luck man. Just msg me on b.net, USWest, Nestharus, kk, and I'll be happy to help with anything. I'll be happy to help on here too, w/e : P

Status
Not open for further replies.