1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Just another Warcraft III map

Submitted by Unreal.
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Defend The Crystal [1.5]

Description:
Defend the Crystal in the center from 40 waves of undead and enemies. Choose from over 12 custom heros all with their unique skills and abilities. Work together to survive. If you die, you will respond according to your level, time per wave is shown above the leaderboard. Buy items, recipes, upgrades, to help fend off the enemies. Play the minigames which help support you if you win them. Map created by Judgement.

Thanks to the Hive for providing all the models.

This Map is Protected.

Works on Region of Chaos but created on Frozen Throne, custom abilities and skills work too.

Keywords:
Defense, Protect, Guard, Crystal, Heros, Survival, Unique, Undead
Contents

Defend The Crystal 1.5 (Map)

Reviews
15:22, 27th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
  1. 15:22, 27th Jul 2010
    ap0calypse: Rejected

2. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should list all people who helped you, and put that into hidden tag!
    Also screenshots should be uploaded and attached to description!

3. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "Just Another Warcraft III Map"?

Please credit the respective authors of the models (and/or skins, icons).

The terrain isn't good: the cliffs ruin everything, as the cliff tileset does not match the others and will therefore look silly (those green borders).
    I recommend you not to use blizzard cliffs.
    Also, try not to use cinematic doodads (the fire and lightning), the skulls are a bit out of place as well.

The spells and items were all a huge mess: incorrect tooltips. standard items, the "immolation" spell didn't even work (my guess: the AoE is set to a value below 125 thus it cannot target any other units and will do nothing, 125 should be the minimum AoE).
    You should add a clear tooltip lay-out instead of mixing your own layout with blizzard's layout.
    Create 2 base tooltips for the spells (1 for the learn tooltip, the other for the extended tooltip) and use it for ALL spells, that will make things a lot better.
    Also, in games like this: make sure you tell the player exactly what they get. The immolation-spell, for example, could have a 500 AoE or an 125 one (it's lower than that, but I'm stating the norms here) - I wouldn't pick the spell if it had 125 AoE, as it's a ranged hero, but I sure as hell would pick the 500 AoE immolation.
    Things like that can really change everything.

One of the hero models didn't work, making that hero useless (bottom right).

The recipes are also a bit of a mess: yeah, it upgrades the items, but... what do I get in return? I just bought it without even knowing what the hell it did as there isn't a single value mentioned.

Also, turn the waves off if a player isn't playing.
    You can make it so the host can type something to turn the wave back on (and thus increasing the difficulty), but if you want to play this map with a good friend (a total of 2 players), it's impossible.

There is way too much to fix in this map, although I will set it to rejected until updated.
    Don't even try updating this within a week though, you can't possible have made it approvable by then.