• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just Another RPG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Howdy, I'm starting to work on yet another rpg but this time I'm looking for a little help with it. Normally I like to work on my projects alone so writing this is a little awkward but I don't have as much time on my hands as I used too.

About the Map?
Nothing fancy, it's a multiplayer rpg centered around team work and parties. Players can invite other human controlled characters along with certain npcs to join their group.

Plot: An open ended plot so that players can tackle the main objectives if they want or wander off to simply explore or complete secondary objectives. Progress through the main quests will effect the environment and npcs for all players.

Certain npcs will be available to join the player's parties each providing their own sub-quests and input at certain points during the game.

Environment: I'd like the players to feel like they're exploring the map rather than just clearing away the black mask through the use of varying environments and interesting land markings or structures.

Strategy: Party composition, flanking bonuses, backstabbing, baiting or other simple ways for players to improve their chances in combat without the strategic elements being to overbearing. Giving the players the opportunity to tackle more difficult monsters and challenges with just a little extra forethought, attention and teamwork.

Characters:
Character customization and fine tuning will be done through gear, multiple attributes and a wide variety of skills and specializations. Instead of having 30 different skills available to the hero constantly through a spell book I'd like to have them chose several from the large available spell pool which will best suit their current situation.

Help?
Any help is appreciated but I'm looking specifically for Scripters / Spell Makers, Testers, people who I can just throw ideas back and fourth with and maybe even some help terraining.

=(
No screenshots or anything right now I'll add some soon to make this a little more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.