• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Just another question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
1 more question..

i tried 2 make a custom metamorphisi abillity but when i use the abillity all goes well except there is no timer on which you turn into normal form, you can keep using this abillity and the hero gets better and better....

PLZ HELP!!
and see if you can answer my last question...

Level 11
Ok... Let's see now. As for the first problem, the unit must be summoned. So if the unit is not summoned you cannot put a timed life. But if you can you can just make a trigger, and depending on what circumstances you want the unit to have the timed life make the whole events, conditions you need and put at action Unit - Add expiration timer. That should do it. BUT REMEMBER THAT THE UNIT MUST BE SUMMONED!!! You can edit this at the Object editor, the unit you want. If you want this to work on any unit... Tell me what the spell is like and I might help.

The second problem sounds familiar. If I remember well, I was trying to make a furion who can turn into a bear, but this would be based on another skill, the Goblin Tinker's. Your's is different I guess. I'll try to remember what was the problem.

Level 10
READ THIS

ok i am making a frozen field type spell (thx Azure for the other spell) except it is called Carpet Bomb, the one thing i am having trouble with is getting the explosions to disapper, i thought by making them a summoned unit they would have a timed life........
thx 4 helping all :p

and my other spell, i want it like illidan's metamorphisis spell...

Level 5
The unit dosen't have to be summoned to add a time in a trigger. I some times add it to the casting hero by mistake. Or you could always add a negatvie life regenration to the bomb unit.

I think the whole thing with leveling metamorph is a bug in blizzard's case ,but if you just have one level then:
Edit your Spell to have "Normal unit form" as the normal unit that has the spell. Then in "Alterd unit form" add the morph unit. Finaly in the unit editor find your unit and look for the Feild below

"Feild Techtree - Dependency Equivalets" and add the morph unit to it (this is the main thing ppl forget to do)

Hope that helps you

Level 5
First off make sure you have negative integers checked off(in the editor preferences) then look for the units Hit points. Near it should be Hit point regenration rate. Set that to negative one and give them there hp in time (2hp = 2 seconds). Then turn the regenration time to "always".

The only bug with this is if they are near, say a fountain of health. To fix it just give the unit the invunerable ability and make it so healing spells and auras can't target invunerable units.

Level 5
Phoenix fire dose not give the phoenix negative hp regain, it sends out the flames that deal damage over time. If you look at the Phoenix unit itself it has -25 hp regain

Status
Not open for further replies.