• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just Another Orpg 0.99

FetPanda
logo2ht.jpg

Map Info:

Just Another Orpg (JAORPG) is a "Boss Killing Map" where you kill bosses for loots. The Bosses in JAORPG actually require skills and tactic to kill. Currently there is 5 bosses.
ALOT MORE CONTENT WILL BE ADDED. REMEMBER ITS ONLY IN THE BETA STAGE. The map is optimized with http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79326

In most cases you will need atleast 3 people to take down a boss.
1 Healer 1 Tank 1 DPS.

Features:

Save/load
Unique Loot System
Epic Boss Fights
Unique Ability System
Rewarding PvP system
Low filesize compared to any other orpg

Screenshots:

screen1ty.jpg

screen2ijq.jpg

screen3hx.jpg

pic1fb.jpg

pic2zlj.jpg

pic3g.jpg

heroesa.jpg

screen6t.jpg

Change Log:

Log:
*Alpha Release*

Log:
Added a Dungeon reset spell
Changed some icons

Log:
Fixed Ress Bug.

Log:
Fixed minor bugs.
(Fixed loot bug)
Arcane Recovery now gives the right amount of mana.
Buffed mana reg for every class.
You can now gain points from killing bosses. The points can be used to buy items.

Log:
Fixed bugs.
Added Justice Points vendor.
You now gain Justice Points from Trash.
Slightly reduced damage output from the first boss.
Water Elementals now get removed when killing the second boss.
Added new hero *Berserker*.
Some new items.

Log:
Fixed loot bug.

Log:
- Added simple PvP system
- Fixed minor bugs
- Removed loading screen to reduce filesize
- New dungeon *The Catacombs*

Log:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Refined the pvp system

Log:
- Fixed major ress bug

Log:
- Added new arena

Log:
- Small bug fix

Log:
- Added Howl of Terror spell to Ghosty's Necklace
- Added more PvP rewards

Log:
- Fixed a pvp bug
- Changed Terrain

Log:
- Fixed bugs regarding the new upgradeable items
- Added an new arena
- Added more items in the shop
- The item selling villagers now have reg aura
- Cool reset thing added
- Balanced some spells

Log:
- Replaced Berserk spell with Charge

Log:
- Bank System
- 2 new bosses Firelord and Spider Queen
- 1 new hero Archer
- Quest Area added
- Pets added
- You can now summon a slave to carry all your items

Credits:

Imports:
AceHart (save/load system)
Paladon
Projectile System from someone. Forgot the name...
!!GORO!!
HappyTauren
Buster
Mc !
Mephestrial
JeffreyQ
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
iNfraNe
takakenji

-Kobas- for http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/map-description-templates-171659/

feedback is appreciated

Keywords:
wow, world of warcraft, rpg, orpg, boss, bossfight, pvp, pve, orpg, save/load, save, load,warcraft.
Contents

Just Another Orpg 0.99 (Map)

Reviews
20:21, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Contact Me
Level 6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_role-playing_game said:
"A role-playing game (RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.[1] Actions taken within the game succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.[2]"

I think you are wrong since this sounds exactly like my map.

Last edited:
Level 10
if you want to define your map by rpg then yes that definition makes sense but, you are using open role playing game, which means it is not static areas that are just pushed.

Your terrain is very good, but I don't understand how this map is an orpg.

orpg is Open Role Playing Game... and yeah the map gameplay looks more like a dungeon rush... and I kinda hate that save-load is disabled on SP... you could have just made a check integer to know whether the code is from SP or MP, so that if its from SP, we cannot load it on MP...

and I kinda don't like the mage model... and I don't see how the ability system was unique... I've seen it elsewhere a lot of times already...

and I think its kinda small for an ORPG...

Few suggestions:
Replace druid model with druid of the claw :)
Replace mage model with medivh :)
Replace Berserker with grunt or make it range and replace it with headhunter

Well I expected to see more but only 3 abilities for my hero. once picked items can't be dropped, some item can't be carried (I guess some class pick system or whatever)...

You can't run into forest and kill boars and wolves for funny amount of experience but still some of it to level up eventually, here panda destroyed my hero in a sec.

Level 5
Nose ring, a quest item, doesn't give the berserker the howl of terror and doesn't give the ranger her summon wolf.
Also the tank heroes who have Heavy armor like Berserker and Warrior take extra damage from magic so hero type people have to tank bosses like the firelord I think everyone should be hero or a custom armor type that has its own things. Best tank for firelord is probably a Ranger since he has hero and 30% dodge and can stack that with dodge items. Most dungeons seem to have little trash mobs.

Level 2
is it just me, but when i was questing, i wasnt able to find a possiblity to leave that area -.- i completed all quests and so i thought i could leave then xD

Level 12
this gets a 5/5 from me even before downloading! This is the most original, most badass and most ironic RPG name ever, so I don't care even if the game is terrible. What most maps lack is some funny features like this. You should have done the map and bosses soloable though. Well, I'll come back with a feedback later, so I'm stopping blabbering now, and download.

Edit: I played, PvP area seems bugged, I tried to check out it in single player mode and I couldn't get out of the place even though I used reset dungeon ability. And you should really make it soloable though.

Last edited:
Level 2
Bugged

Quest items (and quillboars) could spawn in bank areas that were out of reach from the first (easy 1+ players) zone; making quests uncompletable without resetting.

Kills and quests gave nothing except quest points---which seemed odd.

The circle of power didn't say how many quest points were needed to use it--which is a must so we know it's not a bug/how close we are.

It was odd the only exit was for player 1 to reset the dungeon

Pvp had no rewards for the winner---they just got stuck in pvp area and no way to exit/reset that we could see

Game seemed like it would have been cool but it felt wierd/broken/buggy. (we were a rogue a druid--couldn't rejuv often enough (with multiaggro) and had no idea what sort of range healing spray had (and it was point blank) so probably spent too long trying to be close--and a mage) Probably would have gone better if we had an actual tank for panda boss (we died); instead my team decided to try pvp and when it bugged we gave up and druid can't do any damage to solo.

Also the drow ranger icon for Druid (2D image) seemed odd as it's a spellcaster and the image fits better with a ranger/archer class than a spellcaster imo.

Last edited:
Level 6
Look, the map have to be reworked. It has alot of bugs with systems and codes.
Now, gotta seek for the creator FOR A GOD DAMN REWORK.