• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Just another game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I still have no name for this simple game, but I would like to ask for suggestions, critics and so on...

As you can see, this is simple Single Player Turn Based Board Game :)
Goal is to defend AI and take over all towns.
Each Town will generate some resources and spend others on army.
Everything is still far from finish, and I'm working almost each day on it.

Comments?

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 204
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Creating entire game, that is awesome. For me it looks like simple version of total war (at least from picture) :).
I can only say good luck man!
Thank you :)

Btw I only showed you already started New Game, there is whole main menu,
king selection and other forms where you do all kind of things :)

After C++ I switched to C# and I'm learning fast, everything that was problem before will be piece of cake with this two mentioned languages mixed together.

I can't give you exact release date, and I won't bother much with interface and whole graphic design in this early development stages, but this will be covered as well when right time comes.

Still it would be nice to hear some ideas, how you imagined game, what resources should I include/exclude. What buildings each town could have, upgrades and other. Design army or even whole freaking race.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You should balance the game such that maximizing your army takes a long time by recovering from losing most of it is much shorter. Other wise it turns into a case of 1 mistake and its gg because the enemy will contine to bulldoze you.

Having some sort of technology system might be good. Where you can upgrade your empire in certain ways. You could also use technologies to introduce variance by having different civilizations/kingdoms with their own unique technologies.

Level 3
@jocacar
actually, there is nothing wrong with them. stronghold crusader is a good game anyway.

@Kobas
i wonder what kind of game is this? i can't tell from your description, pardon me.
why we have to defend AI?
btw, make a good background story to make this more interesting.
i don't get the idea for the name yet

well, just a suggestion. Story is everything (at least for me)

good luck, and cool game

Status
Not open for further replies.