• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Just a simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Hive Workshop. It's a wonderful community.
I am currently working on a map, and I was wondering if It was possible to make a trigger that applies a buff instantly to a unit entering it...and take it off when the unit leaves the region. Here is an example of what I mean...

I have a boss fight, and I want a buff to be applied to Player units when they get near him, it's called Ghostly Fog. It will reduce a units chance to hit (just like curse). The region has heavy fog in it, and it would seem like a great enemy buff for the boss fight. If not, I was going to make a trigger and have an invisible dummy cast a roar-type buff on enemy units that would apply Ghostly Fog, but I would really like it to be region-oriented.

Any help would be appreciated, I plan on releasing this RPG to Hive.
Thanks. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 1
Because I am going to have a special effect on the hands of the units affected by the buff, plus, the boss has some baddies with him that summon skeletons. With everyone affected by the spell (except for the boss + his friends) it will amp up the difficulty by a small (or large) margin.

Level 4
Yes, it is possible, I didn't find any "Add Buff" in trigger actions but you could create a trigger to make a dummy cast an ability with your buff when a unit enters the region and create a trigger that removes the buff when a units leaves your region.

Status
Not open for further replies.