• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Just a few errors I've found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
This is the first time since the close of wc3sear.ch I have come to the Hive Workshop. It seems the site is coming along fairly well. Theres a few login problems (multiple login boxes redirecting me and not logging me in) and some text errors after you login with black text on dark brown backgrounds making it impossible to read. Also in the resource section you have to scroll to the bottom of the screen to get to the resources. (unless your screen resolution is massive) That along with resources all missing when you click to download them and its nearly impossible to login and add resources. Another probably the most important thing Ralle needs to add is a copyright at the bottom of his webpages saying that Warcraft is a Trademark of Blizzard Inc. All rights reserved and so on, so he doesnt have any lawsuit problems like wc3sear.ch had at one time.

However, despite the few problems the site looks much cleaner than wc3sear.ch did as far as graphical errors. Congradulations Ralle and keep up the good work!

Level 9
I confirm what Herio-san said about login issues. I also PM-contacted Ralle at some point about that.

That link might work, yet it might not.
Some features like the Forums link are hard-coded in THW pages, so it's kinda nasty to manually replace that URL over and over again....

Hope for the best, anyway!

One solution to browse the forums while keeping logged in is to use this: "The Hive Workshop > The Hive Workshop > Site Discussion > Just a few errors I've found". Placed on the top of your currently viewed page. Instead of clicking on Forums, click on The Hive Workshop. It uses the URL Werewulf provided.

Plus - looks bad without buttons: Nasty view

Last edited:
Level 18
Also, Blizzard wouldn't sue a warcraft III modding site, because wc3 mods/maps are all that's keeping it so popular now. Also the modding community would probably start boycotting Blizzard and all move to arena.net and flagship studios, lawl.

-*meow*

Level 13
why would blizzard sue us? We are the ones who made warcraft what it is today. If we didn't exist, wc3 would be dead.

True, but I didnt say Blizzard would sue you. But that they legally could using the basis that you are violating copyright and attempting to claim their work and so on and so forth since your name is all over the site and blizzards name is nowhere. Anyway, it was just a helpful suggestion that would take like 2 min to fix and could prevent you alot of hell in the future.

Found another error. If you refresh anywhere it logs you out and it wont let you log back in until you clear the page from your cache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.