• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just a couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So basically, i was creating a tranqulity-like spell, but this one follows the caster and heals by % max hp. The problem is the special effect art when i try to set it. How do i use tranquility's special effect(i mean the rain effect,ftr), and have it follow the caster?

Second question, i tried making a spell that affects units in a cone in front of the caster. They are slowed and take damage. However, i can't figure out how to stop the spell from affecting everyone around the caster and just let it affect things in front of the caster in a cone of a certain angle.

Third, I can't figure out how to make this spell, and its an important part of the hero so please, if someone could show me/make it/tell me how to do it.

Blade Fan - Strikes all nearby enemies with a dagger, dealing her own attack damage and slows them by X% for x seconds(numbers are irrelevant).

Fourth and final, I made a shower spell(dagger shower) that deals damage in the targeted area and silences, but it does it far before the effect finishes. How do i synchronize them?

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 029
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to *your ability*
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Tranquility\Tranquility.mdl
You need to store the effect and destroy it when the spell ends.

2. If (Acos((Cos(((Angle from caster pos to target pos) - (Facing of caster)))))) Less than x

Where is half the width of the cone angle in degrees.

3. You need a system to get the damage of a unit -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=4tnlq1
Look at DD trigger, you need JNGP editor for this. It can be a bit complicated to understand if you don't know JASS.

4. You can start a timer for example and when the timer expires, do the silencing.

Level 17
For tranquility you will have to use a special effect attached to the casting unit and later destroy it. make sure its the tranquility effect and not the tranquility caster. You can find it in the "Buffs" list.
for the cone spell that slows the units you could try to use breath of frost i dont know what kind of model your spell needs
for the Blade fan use bladefury and reduce the damage per second to 0 then make a trigger that will damage every unit around the caster for the duration of the spell
just make a damage detection system and set a variable equal to the damage dealt by your hero, you could use this http://www.epicwar.com/maps/118997/
For you dagger shower spell you could use a wait function?

Level 3
Thanks for the help. I don't think timers or wait would do on the shower spell but i'll try.

Just for credits, Maker, who's system is that DD?

Level 3
Thanks for everything, i got a few more questions.

Imported icons turn green whenever cast or when a unit is under silence. How to fix this?

I have a skill that uses triggers to knock a target to a position, and use its death animation(dreadlord) during the travel. I need the bats dispersing effect, but i just can't get it -.-

Level 17
1. icons are turning green because they dont have an alpha channel, an alpha channel allows you to see an image through a filter and when you cast silence the game applies a filter to the icon, you could add a channel but its better that you find other icons

2.for this model you might want to look for something else because it will look weird. the bats effect is the death animation and you cant get it without using the whole animation eg you will see the dreadlord die and then the crows would appear but there is probably some kind of crow model on this great website :D

Level 3
Damn, found some nice icons and all -.- ...How do i create that channel?
As for the death animation, i've tried searching with some key words, nothing :/ Guessing that such models aren't really top desire for anyone :/ is there a place i can order one?

Level 19
no gorilla your wrong hahahah. first of all you dont need photoshop to add an alpha channel... second its green because you have't imported a DISBTN (when its not selectable, it goes to the icon with the same path except DISBTN instead of BTN and you dont have a DISBTN)

Level 3
I impoted the DISBTN and still it doesn't work. Maybe it needs some other one?I'll check if the paths are okay and get back to you.

Level 7
this will do . . . . .

JASS:
// this is the path of the BTN thing
"BTNIsOptional"

// this will need this one
"ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtonsDisabled/DISBTNIsOptional" // DIS is a must!

// the format
"ANY_PATH/ICON_NAME"
        "+"
"ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtonsDisabled/DISICON_NAME"

Level 2
Damn, finished making this before i saw the reply of the person before me.

Not trying to rip him off, just wanna post it cause i already made it.
Answer.jpg

Level 3
1.Already explained, ty for trying
2.The spell is an active type spell
3.Spell has flat component heal over time and a percentage component heal, so i just triggered the healing.

Level 2
I'm sorry for not making this clear, you could have used a trigger to add it to your hero once the spell is cast, saving a few lines of triggers.

Level 7
1. for special effect . . .
use Special Effect - Add special effect to unit (whichUnit, yourSE, "origin")
that will work . . .

2. to make that one . . . use some trigonometry
(i don't know this, but you probably know, i'm still in junior high school)
so . . . there is a line, from the caster pos -> max range pos . . .
now you must get the nearest point between the line and each units around the caster and some around the max range pos . . .
then enumerates each unit, important:
if (line from (Picked unit) -> nearest pos perpendicular to line from starting line pos -> end line pos) then
if (nearest range between the line -> (Picked unit)) less than or equal to (range between starting line position -> nearest position / range between starting line position -> end line position * max cone radius) then
/*
do your stuff here
*/
else if (nearest pos) equal to (the line's end pos) then
if (range between nearest pos -> (Picked unit)) less than or equal to (max cone radius) then
/*
do your stuff here
*/
else
// nothing

3 n 4. use someone's missile system . . .
and for the attack damage checking, i don't know how to do that . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.